Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Online MBA

Online MBA

It's been 17 years since I graduated from college and I'm considering taking the leap of pursuing an MBA online. Has anyone here completed an online MBA?

I'd be curious to know what the experience was like for you, both good and bad. Also, if you don't mind mentioning the school you got the degree from, that would be great. PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance for the input.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Online MBA

Going back to school is never a bad thing. Ever.

Have to admit that I'm not a terribly big fan of on-line programs. If you're in a remote part of the world and online is your only option, that's one thing. But there has been a tremendous proliferation in the number of schools that offer part-time / night / weekend programs both on a main campus, as well as at satellite locations. I'd look into those options as well.

Guess it all depends on what you are expecting to get out of the program and where you want to go once you have the degree in hand.

Thanks, 15fan. My interest was first peaked in going the online route when I read about a program offered by James Madison, my alma mater. It's an MBA with a concentration in Information Security and it's only offered online.

Locally, Old Dominion offers the conventional part-time MBA option and that is something I'm considering, as well.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

One of the benefits is that MBA programs are great career networking opportunities. If you want to stay in your same geographic location after you're done, the traditional program makes a lot of sense. You'll be going to class and working on projects with other people who live/work in your town. Online, however, might have you working with people from all corners of the planet. That could be helpful if you're looking to relocate after you're done.

I go to Charleston Southern University for my MBA. Every single class is offered online. There are 10 classes, not too difficult either. PM me with questions

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Received my MBA from FIndlay University in Ohio. Never set foot on campus.

If you are interested in making contacts and networking, by all means attend in person.

If you are looking to fulfill a requirement or just want to explore and learn I see no reason to attend in person. I guess it depends how close you are to the school and how convinient it is.

GL

My wife got her MBA through Tiffin University, and she took classes there and online, and I'm pretty sure you can take them all online. They are known for their MBA program there. It's in Ohio about 1/2 hour east of Findlay. (up I-75, then east)

Turn Off Ads?