What are some things you have noticed this year so far. Doesnt have to be limited to just the players.
1. Players seem to have a ton of respect for Dusty with all their comments. They sound like they really like what he brings to the table and are ready to give their best for the guy.
2. The Dusty hate meter is off the charts. Not so much a ton of people but the people that do hate him are driving it into the ground. Picking apart every line up, every comment, and every photo.
3. Cueto is making people lose their minds in excitement even after 1 split squad game.
4. I'm glad 1530 Homer brought Trent on board even though my strong dislike for his personality at the Post. He fits in a lot better with the 1530 crew for sure.
5. Paul Daugherty is never going to figure out why hes not a MLB scout or GM
6. Joey Votto and Jay Bruce have great heads on their shoulders based on the interviews I've heard of them. They seem very comfortable in front of the mic, have all the right answers, and from all the reports fit right in down at camp.
7. The team as a whole looks in its best shape since I can last remember. The only guy that looked way overweight was Javy.
8. We have a lot of flamethrowers this year. Not that throwing heat is needed to pitch in the majors but its a nice tool to have in your back pocket. Have we even had a guy in camp throwing 98 since the early 90s? We could have a big handful of guys throwing over 95 on a regular basis by the end of the season on this staff.
9. I havent seen a photo of Griffey or Dunn with a glove on besides one of Griffey throwing off the mound for some reason.
10. Season is approaching fast but not fast enough