Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

If the Bengals were fortunate enough to draft Glenn Dorsey, they would match that draft's success on that one pick alone. And once you count the other picks it would obviously be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    If the Bengals were fortunate enough to draft Glenn Dorsey, they would match that draft's success on that one pick alone. And once you count the other picks it would obviously be even better.
    You need to go to sleep because you are getting delirious or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    You need to go to sleep because you are getting delirious or something.
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

If we got the chance to draft Glenn Dorsey, it would be the best draft that the Bengals made in the past 20 years.
    1984 and 2001.

Wait, 84 is over 20 years.

I'm old.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I'm not buying the Dorsey hype.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I'm not buying the Dorsey hype.
    I am. Dorsey was disruptive in the middle last season and he was injured for most of the sesaon. If you could go Dorsey in the first and then a DE like the guy from Clemson or Miami in the second you could hopefully bolster your DLine.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Gholson won't make it past the Patriots.

I'd prefer Gholson over Dorsey since he's a pass rushing DE as opposed to a hybrid DT.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

The way I see it, Dorsey was all but a lock to go no 1. If we had a top 3 pick, I would say look at other options. Right now though, if you have a top 5 player slip to you at nine, you have to at least look.

One mock I read had the Bengals taking Dorsey, Erin Henderson, and Jacob Tamme with the first three picks. I'd like to see Tamme fall to the 4th round though and use our third on another DLineman though.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I would be happy with either Dorsey, Ellis or Gholston in the first.

If they can't get Dorsey or Ellis in the first then I wouldn't mind seeing them get Trevor Laws.
    Not sure what round he will go in, but it will likely be higher than he was projected to go after having a good senior bowl and combine.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Isn't Gholston destined for a 3-4 defense? Haven't followed the Bengals recently... are they switching to a 3-4?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Isn't Gholston destined for a 3-4 defense? Haven't followed the Bengals recently... are they switching to a 3-4?
    They kinda seem like it

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

If we got the chance to draft Glenn Dorsey, it would be the best draft that the Bengals made in the past 20 years.
    Dude, if you're going by one player making the draft, 2003 had Carson Palmer. QB trumps DT.

The only question with Dorsey is the stress fractures. The rest is golden goodness. Any of the top three defensive linemen is fine in my book. I would rank them Dorsey, Ellis, and then Gholston. The Bengals get gashed in the middle they must get a DT especially one that can get some pressure on the QB, because Peko can clog the middle, he just isn't getting up field. Get me a tweaner DE in the second round, like Derrick Harvey.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Derrick Harvey interest me a lot also in the 2nd round. If only the Bengals were a few games worse last year :o

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Derrick Harvey interest me a lot also in the 2nd round. If only the Bengals were a few games worse last year :o
    Derrick Harvey will not be available to any team in the 2nd round.
    Matta = Really good

Turn Off Ads?