Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Derrick Harvey will not be available to any team in the 2nd round.
    Most drafts I have seen him is late 1st early 2nd.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    I like Dorsey. He plays well, and even when he doesn't have size, or sometimes ability enough to get to the quarterback, he takes up blockers. He's quick, big, and agile. That's a deadly combination there.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  4. #48
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    everything I've read after the combine has Brohm's stock dropping ... it doesn't mean the Ravens would take Dorsey.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  5. #49
    Member Buckeye33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Most drafts I have seen him is late 1st early 2nd.
    Must be some outdated mocks. I just looked at 5 different mocks that were post combine and the lowest he was was 17th to the Vikings.
    Matta = Really good

  6. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Must be some outdated mocks. I just looked at 5 different mocks that were post combine and the lowest he was was 17th to the Vikings.
    They werent too old but still its mock drafts and they all are pretty much worthless

  7. #51
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,681

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Must be some outdated mocks. I just looked at 5 different mocks that were post combine and the lowest he was was 17th to the Vikings.
    Harvey's biggest asset was speed when he was in college, a pass rushing machine. At Florida he was 250lb or so, now he has put on about 20lbs to fit what teams feel a DE should be size wise. Unfortunately he lost his speed somewhere in the extra 20lbs he gained. I still think he is a first round talent but he is definitely slipping.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  8. #52
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Phillip Merling(DE-Clemson) is another one to keep an eye on.

    He compares kinda favorably to Justin Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  9. #53
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,398

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Harvey's biggest asset was speed when he was in college, a pass rushing machine. At Florida he was 250lb or so, now he has put on about 20lbs to fit what teams feel a DE should be size wise. Unfortunately he lost his speed somewhere in the extra 20lbs he gained. I still think he is a first round talent but he is definitely slipping.
    Harvey was not a speed rusher. He used his extremely long arms and initial quickness to control at the POA. He had a good combine. He had a fine 10 yard split and with his arms he is fine. forty time is extremely overrated for a defensive end.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  10. #54
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Harvey was not a speed rusher. He used his extremely long arms and initial quickness to control at the POA. He had a good combine. He had a fine 10 yard split and with his arms he is fine. forty time is extremely overrated for a defensive end.
    Depends on how you decide to use him that determines if he is overrated or not.

    Forty time isnt much in determining a DE just playing the line, but if you have a hybrid player like Gholston, it tells a lot. Somebody who can be used at both DE and LB.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  11. #55
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Gholston > Dorsey. Yes, I said it.

    Dorsey just reminds me too much of Dan Wilkinson.
    Witty signature.

  12. #56
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,381

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I'll take Gholston over Dorsey in a heartbeat, his potential is huge.

    I'd probably take Dorsey over Ellis, though - no way he falls to 9 imo.

    I see the Bengals trading up (heaven forbid we actually do something to improve our team) to get Gholston.
    I loved Gholston as a Buckeye, but there's no way I'd take him over Dorsey or Ellis for that matter. He was too inconsistent. He'd blow up one game (Michigan), and COMPLETELY disappear the next (LSU).

  13. #57
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,381

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    The best draft in the last 20 years? I dont know if I will ever believe that you really think that.
    If I lost eight fingers in a tragic garbage disposal accident, I could still count the number of good drafts this franchise has had in the last 20 years on one hand.

  14. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    If I lost eight fingers in a tragic garbage disposal accident, I could still count the number of good drafts this franchise has had in the last 20 years on one hand.
    Still the 2001 draft has to be one of the best drafts of any NFL team this decade

  15. #59
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,381

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Still the 2001 draft has to be one of the best drafts of any NFL team this decade
    True, not often you get guys like Chad and T.J. in one draft. However, I'd attribute that more to an extreme case of luck, as opposed to the Bengals knowing what they're doing.

  16. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    True, not often you get guys like Chad and T.J. in one draft. However, I'd attribute that more to an extreme case of luck, as opposed to the Bengals knowing what they're doing.
    dont forget rudi was in there also, but yea pretty much any time you get a probowler out of the 7th round luck is probably the biggest factor


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25