Thread: The curse of The Simpsons

The curse of The Simpsons

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The curse of The Simpsons

I love The Simpsons and I had never realized how many of them were dead now. I like the section of the site that you can email them your guess of your will be next and If you're right you can win a t shirt.

Great site.

Nick

Senor Votto

Wait.... Wasn't Ken Griffey Jr. on The Simpsons? This might be bigger than the Madden curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Wait.... Wasn't Ken Griffey Jr. on The Simpsons?
    Yep. Hopefully he stays away from the tonic that causes giganticism.

They have discussed these things on The Simpsons DVD commentaries, both for people who actually provided their voices or jokes they've made about people that either aired or they changed before airing. They chalked it up to bad luck and a tendency for getting older actors.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    As much as I love watching Griffey on my favorite show, I almost wish it was Bonds they had in his place whose head grew. The irony years later would have been too much for this universe to exist, I suppose.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    They have discussed these things on The Simpsons DVD commentaries, both for people who actually provided their voices or jokes they've made about people that either aired or they changed before airing. They chalked it up to bad luck and a tendency for getting older actors.
    There would also be the fact the show has been around for such a remarkably long time, and almost weekly has a guest star.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    "It's like a party in my mouth and everyone is invited." hahaha

Classic.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    There would also be the fact the show has been around for such a remarkably long time, and almost weekly has a guest star.
    this is what I was thinking... "The Simpsons already did it!"

Meh, it's just more of a coincidence than anything. The show has been on for almost 20 years, plus many of the people who guest starred on there were already old, or fairly old, to begin with, before they died.
    Last edited by GoGoWhiteSox; 03-01-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Seeing that Paul and Ringo were also on the Simpsons, can a Beatle's reunion be too far behind?

Paul had some sort of heart surgery this past fall.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

You guys that are arguing about the legitimacy of this site--you do know it's intended to be tongue-in-cheek (a mere 12 years later!), don't you?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    You guys that are arguing about the legitimacy of this site--you do know it's intended to be tongue-in-cheek (a mere 12 years later!), don't you?
    You mean there really isn't a "curse of the Simpsons"?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I think they're missing out by limiting this to dead people. They should include guest stars such as Darryl Strawberry, Winona Ryder, and others who have, though still alive, fallen into a downward spiral that rivals the Mystery Hole.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I never realized so many members of the cast of The Wizard of Oz had died -- Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Margaret Hamilton, the munchkins, all gone...

I'm surprised more people don't talk about that film being cursed. And I think there is a curse surrounding Citizen Kane as well. All kinds of death there, too.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?