Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Re: Official Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Glad it's the Niners giving Smith that kind of contract and not the Bengals.

He's a nice player and all, but very replaceable, IMO.

Definitely not a franchise-level player.
    Agreed.

Hopefully this will force the Bengals' hand and they'll draft a DE that can actually get to the QB (Gholston?).

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I love Phil Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    He is terrible anyways

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I would have loved for Stallworth to come to the Queen City.

He'd be an awesome addition. He's definitely a good one for the Browns.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I would have loved for Stallworth to come to the Queen City.

He'd be an awesome addition. He's definitely a good one for the Browns.
    And replace who? Minus the character concerns with the current team, he would have been the fourth best wideout.

You can really tell Cleveland is playing for right now. Good signing for them, but trading away all of the draft picks could come back to bite them.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And replace who? Minus the character concerns with the current team, he would have been the fourth best wideout.

You can really tell Cleveland is playing for right now. Good signing for them, but trading away all of the draft picks could come back to bite them.
    IMO, Stallworth would be our #2 WR, but I could see an argument for TJ to be the #2. Stallworth is easily no worst than our #3.

But, since he plays for the Browns now, that'll be 1 more weapon we don't have a solution to stop.

Oops.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    IMO, Stallworth would be our #2 WR, but I could see an argument for TJ to be the #2. Stallworth is easily no worst than our #3.

But, since he plays for the Browns now, that'll be 1 more weapon we don't have a solution to stop.

Oops.
    Over Henry?

I know the character issues are there but Henry's size makes him such a red zone target. Notice when he played last season the offense was much more in-sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Id take chapman over Stallworth every day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Over Henry?

I know the character issues are there but Henry's size makes him such a red zone target. Notice when he played last season the offense was much more in-sync.
    Chad's 1, and then you really could have an argument of who would have been 2 between TJ, Chris and Donte.

I honestly don't think much of TJ, as I feel his numbers are directly related to how Chad's been D'd up, and I think Henry could be a solid #2 WR if he got his head out of his butt. Henry clearly has the physical tools, just lacks the mental tools.

I just think people are underrating Stallworth. As someone said in another thread, he truly is an enigma, but never has been given the chance to be anything but a #3 in any system, and with Stallworth's world class speed, you can't line him up in a slot and expect him to be productive in the middle of the field or near the sidelines. Stallworth will be most effective when he's vertical (much like Chad is very effective when vertical), and IMO it's never a bad thing to add another vertical threat to your team.

The way I look at it is that with Henry, the Bengals maybe have 2 vertical threats. The Browns definitely have 2 vertical threats now with Edwards and Stallworth. I root for the Browns when they aren't playing the Bengals, and this move just gives me one more reason to root for the Browns. They have more offensive weapons than us, and IMO will be a more exciting team to watch in 2008.

Imagine what the Bengals could be like if we had a TE who was a legitimate threat. If Henry emerges to be another vertical/homerun threat, just think of what we could be. Until then, we're stuck with TJ, who's very overrated IMO.

Ill take the overrated player with good hands over the underrated player who has been nothing but expendable everywhere hes been.

Stallworth will still be the #3 option in Clevelands passing game behind Edwards and Winslow.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Odom finalizing deal with Bengals

After near misses on trades for defensive tackles Shaun Rogers and Dewayne Robertson, the Bengals are finalizing a deal at this hour with free agent defensive end Antwan Odom, who had eight sacks last season for Tennessee.

Odom canceled a trip to Minnesota to visit the Vikings today, according to the St. Paul Pioneer-Press.
    Hope he isnt a 1 year wonder

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Where'd you find that?
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 03-03-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Where'd you find that?
    Sorry got it from Curnutte
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/

Turn Off Ads?