Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Demand Recompense by Joey Votto and Jay Bruce

Re: We Demand Recompense by Joey Votto and Jay Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    Yeah, but the Reds have a chance to win in 2008, and Bruce and Votto help the team the most. We won't have Harang/Arroyo/Cordero/BP/EE/Dunn/etc in 2015, and the team could suck, we just don't know.

We do know that the Reds have a reasonable chance in 2008, and in the near future. If your one of those people who think rookies will struggle and need to adjust, why not get it out of the way instead of prolonging it.

Teams should always field the best possible team when in contention like the Reds are right now.
    Yes, but at least in the case of Votto, you could probably get better production out of a Keppinger/Hatteberg platoon.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TN Red Fan View Post
    Yes, but at least in the case of Votto, you could probably get better production out of a Keppinger/Hatteberg platoon.
    I don't agree with that at all. Votto was up last year so his clock has kind of already started. Votto is now 24 (the same age as EE) and has proven everything he needs to at AAA. He hit .294 .381 .478 in AAA, and 321 .360 .548 in MLB last year. He's 100% ready to play everyday. He's a top 35 prospect on every list.

By blocking him even longer, it's getting into a situation similar to Andy Laroche. Andy should be solid, but LA has blocked him with Nomah, and there are rumors the could get Inge. You need to give him a chance. Votto was blocked for too long last year, and there are no reasons to block him again. Hatty's overall numbers were good, but he struggled hitting away from GABP and also hitting lefties. It's not reasonable to expect another career year from him.

Also Keppinger should start the season as the SS with Gonzo out. I have a feeling Rosales will make the team as the Utility player. Would you rather have Rosales shoot up ahead of Votto in the depth chart at 1B?

Delgado reinjured his hip again, and this raises questions over how healthy he is. A Hatty trade makes sense for both clubs towards the end ST. I think a trade could happen. Hatty is cheap and is a low risk for another team.

I agree with the general premise of the thread starter.

If Dusty sticks Castro and Freel and Hatteberg in the starting lineup over Keppinger, Bruce, and Votto................I'm not watching that crap.

Turn Off Ads?