Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shaun Rogers to the Bengals - Yes....Not So Fast - Trade now OFF. (Merged)

Re: Shaun Rogers to the Bengals?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Kenny Phillips anyone?
    Only if they trade the #9 pick to Dallas for the #22 and #24. Then take Phillips and Merling or Harvey.

Want to talk about totally rehabbing a D!

Of course the chances of them trading the #9 pick are slim.
    Matta = Really good

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

So, Rogers has been in trouble for taking "diet pills" and I remember perhaps reading about him struggling to play hard every down. I'm not real sure about this deal, although for draft picks, it lowers the risk.

He is a big man who gets into the backfield and disrupts plays. I am impressed that the Bengals went after a guy who is getting to the peak of his career(Rogers), instead of someone at the down end (Adams). The only worry I have is his constant battle with weight.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

While underperforming he still did more than any of our DTs or even DL did last year in terms of a pass rush

That fella had more sacks than any DT in the league last year.

I'll take my chances.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Is there anyone who doesn't like the move from the Bengals' side?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Is there anyone who doesn't like the move from the Bengals' side?
    I think the positives outweigh the negatives. I just think about how crappy they have done in recent years with picks due to injuries or just bad picks. Id rather them grab Rogers than continue down the same path.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I think the positives outweigh the negatives. I just think about how crappy they have done in recent years with picks due to injuries or just bad picks. Id rather them grab Rogers than continue down the same path.
    That's what I mean. We have had such a crappy defense, and such a terrible history of drafting, we couldn't have gone wrong.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

With the news of Patterson out for the year and Cousins committing to UAB, this is the best news I could ask for today.

DT is no longer a need heading into the draft. I think you will see Vernon Gholston wearing stripes next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    With the news of Patterson out for the year and Cousins committing to UAB, this is the best news I could ask for today.

DT is no longer a need heading into the draft. I think you will see Vernon Gholston wearing stripes next season.
    I think Oakland might be another team looking to move out of the top 5 after they resigned their DT.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

As I don't see Gholston dropping to 9, do you think the Bengals will trade up for Gholston, stay at 9 and draft a S (Phillips) or LB (Connor) or trade down for Harvey.

I'd honestly rather see us trade up for Gholston or down for Harvey than go S or LB.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Id rather them move up for Gholston or move back a few spots for a LB

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    As I don't see Gholston dropping to 9, do you think the Bengals will trade up for Gholston, stay at 9 and draft a S (Phillips) or LB (Connor) or trade down for Harvey.

I'd honestly rather see us trade up for Gholston or down for Harvey than go S or LB.
    Connor and Phillips could be had later. Another possibility would be drafting Sedrick Ellis(if he falls) and use him as a DE.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I just saw a report that the trade didnt go through

Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Turn Off Ads?