Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mike Brown does it again!!

Mike Brown does it again!!

Teases the fans by supposedly making a big trade for Jones a DT from the Lions, then the NFL blocks it because of a salary cap issue?? what issue??? they were supposedly the 2nd most available money team going into free agency!! You mean Mike Brown the so-called genius didn't read the rule book?? GRRRR
    THEN he ends up with the Cleveland Browns!!!!!!!

Either this team is jinxed till Brown sells or dies.. OR Mike Brown likes to tease the fans like he gives a darn!! when he really doesnt care what the fans want!!!

I pray the REDS win it all to get those tired of losing fans away from the bengals and buying reds tickets!! thats the ONLY way to send a message the Bengal fans are tired of this garbage!!

how can players on this team vision anything but losing again?? there is no focus on winning...

At least the Reds ownership has 2 GM's to help get the Reds back to being a World Series team.. Mike Brown can care less!!

Im just tired of seeing this city made out to be a laughing stock!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mike Brown does it again!!

Great post I wish we had more like it around here

Wrong forum.

Nevermind
    Last edited by NorrisHopper30; 03-01-2008 at 12:59 AM.

you know what, fans like you that can stay away, aren't really fans. i supported the reds for the last 10 years that they have sucked, and i will continue to do so with the bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    Teases the fans by supposedly making a big trade for Jones a DT from the Lions, then the NFL blocks it because of a salary cap issue?? what issue???
    Don't get so bent out of shape that you lose all sense of reality. The Bengals did re-sign Jones, Dhani Jones LB, but they lost out on the Lions DT, named Shaun Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    Teases the fans by supposedly making a big trade for Jones a DT from the Lions, then the NFL blocks it because of a salary cap issue?? what issue??? they were supposedly the 2nd most available money team going into free agency!! You mean Mike Brown the so-called genius didn't read the rule book?? GRRRR
    THEN he ends up with the Cleveland Browns!!!!!!!

Either this team is jinxed till Brown sells or dies.. OR Mike Brown likes to tease the fans like he gives a darn!! when he really doesnt care what the fans want!!!

I pray the REDS win it all to get those tired of losing fans away from the bengals and buying reds tickets!! thats the ONLY way to send a message the Bengal fans are tired of this garbage!!

how can players on this team vision anything but losing again?? there is no focus on winning...

At least the Reds ownership has 2 GM's to help get the Reds back to being a World Series team.. Mike Brown can care less!!

Im just tired of seeing this city made out to be a laughing stock!!
    Good thing there are exclamation points. Otherwise, I would have never understood the tone of this fine post. I especially like the idea of stealing fans when the seasons only overlap about a month.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post!!!!!!!!!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Eh, don't overreact. The Bengals are a poorly run franchise, that's a fact. And when you have no sense of direction, things typically don't work out very well. I'm not going to blame the trade with the Lions not working out on the Bengals, because I don't know all of the facts.

The Bengals are TRYING to get better, and I think it's inaccurate to say that Mike Brown doesn't care. I don't like Mike Brown, not one bit, but I think he does care. If not, he would have sold the team a long time ago, IMO.

He just has NO CLUE how to accomplish success in this league, and that's truly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    you know what, fans like you that can stay away, aren't really fans. i supported the reds for the last 10 years that they have sucked, and i will continue to do so with the bengals.

Do you want a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Eh, don't overreact. The Bengals are a poorly run franchise, that's a fact. And when you have no sense of direction, things typically don't work out very well. I'm not going to blame the trade with the Lions not working out on the Bengals, because I don't know all of the facts.

The Bengals are TRYING to get better, and I think it's inaccurate to say that Mike Brown doesn't care. I don't like Mike Brown, not one bit, but I think he does care. If not, he would have sold the team a long time ago, IMO.

He just has NO CLUE how to accomplish success in this league, and that's truly sad.

I do blame this on the Bengals. They didn't know their rules, probably because they rarely do anything that puts them in these situations. It's simply an ode to their fine incompetence. Knowing a bonus would be applied to 2007 really isn't that complicated either, and not knowing it would put them over the cap for last year, is just as dumb. You can't defend that.

They are what they are - losers in the NFL, because of a lack of effort - which translates to lack of desire in my opinion...which means no, Mike Brown really doesn't care. If he did, he'd hire more full-time scouts and a personnel manager with a track record or high upside.

He only cares about maintaining profitability (an easy thing to do in the NFL), it's not about winning games or championships for him. That's a by-product or lucky circumstance, not something he pursues with a passion.

You accept it, laugh at them, and make the best of things, and lose interest the older you get, after 17 years.

This new generation of young pups will be as jaded and tired of them as I am in 20 years I'm sure.

Believe me, 2005 was your 1988 or 1980, it may be another 10-15 years before they get lucky enough to have a season like that again. The Clippers, the Rangers, The Saints, The Bengals, The Cardinals (and a few others) - are just that way, I've come to terms with that after years of deep denial, thinking things could change and be like the 80's again.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I do blame this on the Bengals. They didn't know their rules, probably because they rarely do anything that puts them in these situations. It's simply an ode to their fine incompetence. Knowing a bonus would be applied to 2007 really isn't that complicated either, and not knowing it would put them over the cap for last year, is just as dumb. You can't defend that.

They are what they are - losers in the NFL, because of a lack of effort - which translates to lack of desire in my opinion...which means no, Mike Brown really doesn't care. If he did, he'd hire more full-time scouts and a personnel manager with a track record or high upside.

He only cares about maintaining profitability (an easy thing to do in the NFL), it's not about winning games or championships for him. That's a by-product or lucky circumstance, not something he pursues with a passion.

You accept it, laugh at them, and make the best of things, and lose interest the older you get, after 17 years.

This new generation of young pups will be as jaded and tired of them as I am in 20 years I'm sure.

Believe me, 2005 was your 1988 or 1980, it may be another 10-15 years before they get lucky enough to have a season like that again. The Clippers, the Rangers, The Saints, The Bengals, The Cardinals (and a few others) - are just that way, I've come to terms with that after years of deep denial, thinking things could change and be like the 80's again.
    My friend, I'm only 22 years old, and I'm every bit as jaded as you are . It's very frustrating, and I've accepted the fact that we'll never see a sustained run of excellence from this franchise.

In saying that Mike Brown cares, I'm not saying that he's going about trying to win the right way. He obviously cuts corners to save money. Do I think that he wants to win? Yes, do think that. But it won't happen because he's too cheap. I've ripped him up and down as much as anyone, and I'm by no means defending him. He's easily one of the worst owners in all of sports.

And I wasn't aware of the details of why the trade was shot down, so I wasn't going to place the blame on us. But I assume you're correct, and if so, then the trade not happening is clearly on us.

I'm just not shocked. I'm numb to it at this point. I care as much as I ever have, but I don't feel the pain anymore. If I allowed it to get to me, I'd have a heart attack by the age of 25.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    My friend, I'm only 22 years old, and I'm every bit as jaded as you are . It's very frustrating, and I've accepted the fact that we'll never see a sustained run of excellence from this franchise.

In saying that Mike Brown cares, I'm not saying that he's going about trying to win the right way. He obviously cuts corners to save money. Do I think that he wants to win? Yes, do think that. But it won't happen because he's too cheap. I've ripped him up and down as much as anyone, and I'm by no means defending him. He's easily one of the worst owners in all of sports.

And I wasn't aware of the details of why the trade was shot down, so I wasn't going to place the blame on us. But I assume you're correct, and if so, then the trade not happening is clearly on us.

I'm just not shocked. I'm numb to it at this point. I care as much as I ever have, but I don't feel the pain anymore. If I allowed it to get to me, I'd have a heart attack by the age of 25.
    Good enough Crazy. I do feel sorry for the younger fans who've never been able to experience a SB run, or who were at least old enough to revel in it and month-long parties etc...,

I remember being in college on UC's campus and having keg parties with Browns fans in homes during the vaunted Browns/Bengals MNF games - dozens of people would show up and it was a great time. That was 1989-90 or so, stopped there of course.

I think maybe that it's worse when you are someone who remembers what it was like, when you are younger and don't have that frame of reference, maybe someone is more forgiving, and I have to realize that some times when I talk to younger guys and try to convince them Mike Brown really is THAT bad.

And yes you're right, he does "care," but just not enough - he was never a competitor, or much of an athlete, if one at all. That's truly what's missing from the front office of the Bengals. A bunch of trust fund kids grown up with law degrees, who think they know football.

Eh, pro sports these days is something I'm less interested in all the time. The $ is absurd, if not offensive, and it's harder and harder to root for bad people and greed mongers, and things are so highly specialized and refined, that it's just not as entertaining or interesting as it used to be I guess.

Good enough Crazy. I do feel sorry for the younger fans who've never been able to experience a SB run, or who were at least old enough to revel in it and month-long parties etc...,

I remember being in college on UC's campus and having keg parties with Browns fans in homes during the vaunted Browns/Bengals MNF games - dozens of people would show up and it was a great time. That was 1989-90 or so, stopped there of course.

I think maybe that it's worse when you are someone who remembers what it was like, when you are younger and don't have that frame of reference, maybe someone is more forgiving, and I have to realize that some times when I talk to younger guys and try to convince them Mike Brown really is THAT bad.

And yes you're right, he does "care," but just not enough - he was never a competitor, or much of an athlete, if one at all. That's truly what's missing from the front office of the Bengals. A bunch of trust fund kids grown up with law degrees, who think they know football.

Eh, pro sports these days is something I'm less interested in all the time. The $ is absurd, if not offensive, and it's harder and harder to root for bad people and greed mongers, and things are so highly specialized and refined, that it's just not as entertaining or interesting as it used to be I guess.
    Reading this post and the previous makes me realize as a life-long Cowboys fan, I will never be able to afford to take my son or grandson to a Cowboys game. It has simply gotten too expensive. That saddens me quite a bit.

That's a very good post. I agree whole heartedly. It was about $150 for two Bengals tickets in the preseason last year, including parking. Talk about absurd.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?