Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Closed Game Thread

Re: Closed Game Thread

Rocko, kind of OT, there is an FM station in Lexington to listen to the Reds game, right?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Game threads get very messy and you really cant follow the game anyway so its kind of pointless IMO. I am surprised that this thread has been allowed to go 16 replies, the mods must have dates tonight.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    Rocko, kind of OT, there is an FM station in Lexington to listen to the Reds game, right?
    I am not for sure.
    I can only pick up wvlk am during the day till around 7:00 at night in the summer time.
    Going around the dial during the day, I have only found WLW and a Louisville station which doesnt come in good half the time.
    I knwo there are others throughout Ky but these are the only ones I can pick up.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Game threads get very messy and you really cant follow the game anyway so its kind of pointless IMO. I am surprised that this thread has been allowed to go 16 replies, the mods must have dates tonight.
    It isnt pointless cause gamethreads is not exactly what is being discussed.
    Again I joined july of last year and am not sure what all is allowed to be in SunDeck.
    For the most part, last year I didnt even read the ORG because to many times I see things I like to respond to so I thought why read it if you couldnt respond.
    I did begin to read it around the time of the winter meetings to follow any news I could find on the reds.
    Now I occassionally glance to see if there are any news type threads. If not I come back here.

I think this should be moved to the "site feedback" section.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Let me get this straight, we're not allowed to discuss Reds games in this folder, but the folder that CAN discuss it is blocked from the majority of this board? So are the moderators trying to kill these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Live with or find another board to post on. Rules is rules just role with it. If you want to post in a game thread then make great posts, suck up to the big timers and get elected to the big boy board.
    It's pretty impossible to get voted to the "big boy" board.
    Last edited by Rocket_Fuel; 03-01-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Fuel View Post
    Let me get this straight, we're not allowed to discuss Reds games in this folder, but the folder that CAN discuss it is blocked from the majority of this board? So are the moderators trying to kill these forums?
    IIRC, all SunDeck members are blocked from the game thread. The Mods aren't trying to kill the forums, but from what I've seen, the discussion in game threads got to the point where there needed to be restricted access.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I think this should be moved to the "site feedback" section.
    Well no Mod has responded yet to my asking about what is permisssible so I will not post anything else in this particular thread since as one poster said earlier, it apparently is pointless.
    Not be a smart-aleck or anything but it sure seems a question could have been answered by now.

Well, we as mods, do occasionally have dates, or just in fact like not to sit online constantly.

The decision was reached a while back to split the game thread into a separate forum. Access to that forum was given strictly to ORG members.

ORG and the Sundeck are not ways to say one group of posters are better people, its a way to ensure high quality. The goal is to want to be in ORG, not to make people feel like 'the man is holding them down'.

Yes, this is a message board, its not high school and there isn't a 'cool kids' table. No one is obligated to be here or to post, just like the owners are not obligated to let anyone treat it like they can do or say whatever they want, whenever they want.

If anyone is looking to post on game threads, its in your hands. If you want to say the rules are bad, or your rights are being violated then I'm not sure why you'd want to hang out with 'people like us' anyway.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    I am not for sure.
    I can only pick up wvlk am during the day till around 7:00 at night in the summer time.
    Going around the dial during the day, I have only found WLW and a Louisville station which doesnt come in good half the time.
    I knwo there are others throughout Ky but these are the only ones I can pick up.
    Yeah the Shelbyville FM station hardly works in Louisville.

Old Red Guard Reject

The sad thing is that the reality is that there is no real alternative to Redszone. Maybe if the Reds were in a bigger town or mor successful as of lately, there would be more than one message board. But, alas, there's not. Redszone is the only movie playing at the one screen drive-in. Joseph, obviously it doesn't make a lot of sense to the people here why they can't talk about Reds games on a Reds message board. Personally, as soon as I met the criteria to get onto the ORG board the first time (which was more objective than the "voted in" stuff), the rules changed and here I am in the Sun Deck. It was a blessing in disguise though to be honest. The people here are more down to earth and open-minded. I don't want to be part of ORG (although I would like the have my little girl's picture back for my avatar) so as long as it's not out of hand, why not let us that were deemed "not good enough" talk a little baseball?
    Last edited by Newman4; 03-01-2008 at 10:21 PM.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Senor Votto

If you want to discuss the game you can always go to the chat. It's easier to discuss the game in there and more fun. I'm usually a regular in there during the season.

I have asked time and time again for the reasoning behind keeping game threads out of the Sundeck and I've never been given an answer. All I get is the restatement of the policy no game threads in Sundeck...meh oh well their board, their rules. Still doesn't make sense to me.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Well, we as mods, do occasionally have dates, or just in fact like not to sit online constantly.

The decision was reached a while back to split the game thread into a separate forum. Access to that forum was given strictly to ORG members.

ORG and the Sundeck are not ways to say one group of posters are better people, its a way to ensure high quality. The goal is to want to be in ORG, not to make people feel like 'the man is holding them down'.

Yes, this is a message board, its not high school and there isn't a 'cool kids' table. No one is obligated to be here or to post, just like the owners are not obligated to let anyone treat it like they can do or say whatever they want, whenever they want.

If anyone is looking to post on game threads, its in your hands. If you want to say the rules are bad, or your rights are being violated then I'm not sure why you'd want to hang out with 'people like us' anyway.
    Say what you want,the game threads have been a whole lot of nothing since the split.

Turn Off Ads?