Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Airline Ticket Help

Airline Ticket Help

Ok, I don't really post here much, but I've been around for a long time. Here's the deal: I'm going to be graduating from college this coming June and I have been looking to find a good job to start out with. As a Sport Management major, I naturally have been looking to work for a professional sports team. I have interviewed with the Phoenix Suns and they want me to fly out there for a game and discuss the position further. As a college student, I have far from large amounts of disposable income. I was wondering if anyone has used travelocity, priceline, expedia, or knows of any other way of acquiring a plane ticket at the most reasonable price from the Canton/Cleveland area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Airline Ticket Help

Have you discussed with them the option of reimbursement? That would be the first thing I would do. The worst they can do is say no.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

You should check southwest airline www.southwest.com
    School's out. What did you expect?

If they can't reimburse you, at least ask them if they have any airlines with which they have a corporate discount, or who makes lots of flights into the area.

Not sure where you live, but if you live anywhere near Cincinnati, you might as well plan on flying out of Dayton, Columbus, Louisville or Indy. You'll save major bucks. It's well worth the drive. I'm flying tomorow from Dayton to Milwaukee and it's going to be around $400 cheaper than the same flight from Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    You should check southwest airline www.southwest.com
    I think that's a good option. They have tons of flights to Phoenix from Louisville, Columbus and Indy. If you want to try and get something even cheaper then take your best deal from SW and shop it on Priceline. Do a name your own price for something like 50-75% of the best SW fare.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I like www.kayak.com and www.lowestfare.com. They've gotten me lower fares than otherwise available.

Priceline is good but you have to be aware that you may not get your price (ticket).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I would think you would find the cheapest fare going between Cleveland to Phoenix, rather than Akron/Canton to Phoenix, but I could be mistaken.

Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, they're all the same, except with Priceline you can name your price, and if they accept it great. If they do accept your price, then you're stuck flying when they want you to fly. If you have nothing to do 1 day before, and 1 day after your interview, then I would recommend Priceline, since you'll be guaranteed flights on those days but like I said, won't know when until your price is accepted. You can find flights up to as much as 50% off listed fares at Priceline.

If you're on a strict schedule, I would recommend actually visiting a travel agent. Sometimes you'd be surprised what they can do for you.

One thing to remember about orbitz, travelocity, expedia is that southwest probably isn't going to be listed there. not sure if they show up on hotwire & priceline.
    School's out. What did you expect?

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

www.itasoftware.com. log in as a guest. This will give you the fares available and the booking codes. you can then go to the airlines website and book.

Southwest will NOT show up on these however and it's a good bet they will have a very competitive fare for your route. Go to their website directly to book.

Also, if you use orbitz or travelocity to search, go directly to the airline's website to purchase, this avoids the fee the search engines place on purchasing the tickets through them.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I would suggest you consider alternate airports and drive a bit to your destination or look into departing from Columbus, Cleveland or Pittsburgh, which will likely have airlines offering lower fares than those at CAK.

Here's a site that makes it easy to compare the lowest fares to different destinations from CAK.
    /r/reds

Check your PMs.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?