Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce suffers quadricep injury

Bruce suffers quadricep injury

Bruce day-to-day with quad injury
    Center field prospect injures left leg in second inning vs. Jays
    By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

Jay Bruce said he'll be back from his left quad injury "in no time." (Keith Srakocic/AP)

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Top prospect Jay Bruce will be monitored day-to-day after he made an early exit from Sunday's game because of a mild left quadriceps strain.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

It doesn't seem like a serious injury, but the Reds will monitor him day-to-day. It will give some of the other outfielders an opportunity to show what they can do.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 03-02-2008 at 06:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bruce suffers quadricep injury

I hope this isn't one of those "small" injuries that the Reds always seem to turn into 3-4 week injuries, like with Gonzalez. I hope it's just a small thing, and he's back in less than a week.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

The news of Bruce being day to day really worries me. I hope it turns out to be nothing but some sore quads and he will be fine. I would hate to see him lose his shot at starting opening day because of this. he has been killing it all spring long.

Let's all pray that this really is a minor injury
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Quote Originally Posted by reds2221 View Post
    Let's all pray that this really is a minor injury
    Agreed. It's a pity that this has happened when it has. I'm sure this won't help his chances of being in a Reds uniform come March 31.

Nick

Now it sounds like Dusty is going to use this as an excuse to not play him in CF. Check Fay.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Now it sounds like Dusty is going to use this as an excuse to not play him in CF. Check Fay.
    My thought exactly. Dusty wants Hopper/ Freel in CF and Bruce is trying to screw up his fiendish plans. Now he can send him to Louisville no matter what he does. Which isn't horrible but it'll be tough to watch if the munchkin twins struggle.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Hello Bats
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    It will be ok, it's just a couple of days out. I believe Bruce has a hit in every ST game thus far. I am a little worried though - whenever Redszone freaks out about small stuff, I usually relax because I know WK is a pretty smart guy. Now Dusty Baker, I don't know.

I realize the Reds haven't exactly had good luck with injuries, but there's no need to panic IMO. Injuries during spring training are very common.
    I hate the Cubs!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
    I realize the Reds haven't exactly had good luck with injuries, but there's no need to panic IMO. Injuries during spring training are very common.
    thats what happens to the out of shape guys (even though bruce looked like he had done some off-season work)
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

I bet each of us suffers mild quad strains every time we exercise.

Nothing serious at all, and it didn't even warrant taking him out of the game.

Ive had pain from a cramp last longer than a strain

part of BBN

Is there any update on Bruce ?

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Is there any update on Bruce ?
    Injury report: Outfield prospect Jay Bruce, out with a mild left quadriceps strain, hasn't played since Sunday, but he could return on Friday.

"Bruce asked to pinch-hit [on Tuesday]. I said, 'No,'" Baker said. "From my experience, if they say, 'I'm ready today,' I wait until tomorrow. Invariably, I'm not lying, the first at-bat they'll have to beat out an infield hit -- every time. Then you're like, no, don't run."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Bruce could be back on Friday.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 03-05-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Turn Off Ads?