Thread: Rotation Battle

Re: Rotation Battle

I want to see this rotation:
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Volquez
    Belisle
    Affeldt

I want to see Bailey and Cueto take Belisle and Affeldt out of the rotation around June or July.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I want to see this rotation:
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Volquez
    Belisle
    Affeldt

I want to see Bailey and Cueto take Belisle and Affeldt out of the rotation around June or July.
    I'll buy that for a Dollar...

Bailey and Cueto in AAA would be most ideal, especially since we are going to really suck this year (with the signing of Corey Patterson), no reason to start their Arb clocks until absolutely necessary.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

I fail to see how signing Corey Patterson equates into us really sucking this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I fail to see how signing Corey Patterson equates into us really sucking this year.
    Because he will be the starting CF-er come opening day.

Mark My Words.

It also means that Jay F. Bruce will not be making the trip north, and will start in AAA, probably until September, unless Griffey hits the extended DL before then.

You thought people hated Dusty's lineups before, wait until he fills one out with Patterson's name on it. :runawaycr

Unless a trade is forthcoming, we are not adding quality, only quantity. Fodder, Fodder, and more Fodder.

Oh Brudder!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Because he will be the starting CF-er come opening day.

Mark My Words.

It also means that Jay F. Bruce will not be making the trip north, and will start in AAA, probably until September, unless Griffey hits the extended DL before then.

You thought people hated Dusty's lineups before, wait until he fills one out with Patterson's name on it. :runawaycr

Unless a trade is forthcoming, we are not adding quality, only quantity. Fodder, Fodder, and more Fodder.

Oh Brudder!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Oh I didnt notice but I could have sworn we signed these guys to minor league deals

Oh I didnt notice but I could have sworn we signed these guys to minor league deals
    Uh-Huh. I never did place you as somone with any Have you been following the Reds much? Did you see who we signed for a manager?

If Corey Patterson isn't on the opening day 25 man roster for the Reds - barring catastrophic injury to said Corey Patterson - I will place a quote of your choice under my name for the entire season - if YOU agree to allow me the same to you if he is. Agreed?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Im not denying that guys in camp cant make the roster. For all anyone knows Chris Dickerson is going to be on the major league roster

Im not denying that guys in camp cant make the roster. For all anyone knows Chris Dickerson is going to be on the major league roster
    Backpedal much?

That is the result of this signing. Jay Bruce in AAA. Corey Patterson on the Reds, playing Center Field, and leading off WAY WAY WAY too many times for a team that is ALLEGEDLY contending.

That is my contention. That is why we will suck. This decision has been made. Everything else is just window dressing.

Corey Patterson will have to break his leg not to be the opening day CF-er against Brandon Webb. Freel/Hopper will start against Left Handers.

SUCK!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Backpedal much?

That is the result of this signing. Jay Bruce in AAA. Corey Patterson on the Reds, playing Center Field, and leading off WAY WAY WAY too many times for a team that is ALLEGEDLY contending.

That is my contention. That is why we will suck. This decision has been made. Everything else is just window dressing.

Corey Patterson will have to break his leg not to be the opening day CF-er against Brandon Webb. Freel/Hopper will start against Left Handers.

SUCK!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Ok I dont know how I back peddled but call it what you will because I know arguing with you just ends up in you picking parts you dont agree with and then some how saying it proves your points.

Starter or bullpen?

I just want the 5 best starters in the rotation. If Affeldt is one of them, then so be it.

I also hope Roenicke proves himself and makes the starting roster in the bullpen.

Best 5 in terms of talent?
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Bailey
    Volquez

What will the rotation be?
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Belisle
    Fogg
    Affeldt

HAl McCoy was on xm baseball beat this am, said rotation will be:
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Fogg
    Belisle
    Affeldt

Also said Bailey was a head case, stubborn and wouldn't listen to anyone, which is why he'll start in AAA. Unless he gets his act together in which case he could make the team.

Also, said Reds lack pitching and defense to contend. Will compete for 3rd, but should be able to finish 500 or above.

Fogg as our 3 shoot me now

Quote Originally Posted by RSNtransplant View Post
    HAl McCoy was on xm baseball beat this am, said rotation will be:
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Fogg
    Belisle
    Affeldt

Also said Bailey was a head case, stubborn and wouldn't listen to anyone, which is why he'll start in AAA. Unless he gets his act together in which case he could make the team.

Also, said Reds lack pitching and defense to contend. Will compete for 3rd, but should be able to finish 500 or above.
    Belisle, Bailey , and Affeldt are the only ones to start so far(in limited action,true). Fogg hasn't started yet, and may end up in the bullpen. That could all change down the line, but for now I would imagine those three to bring up the back end of the rotation.

Fogg as our 3 shoot me now
    Could have been Affedlt, Belisle, Fogg, but those were his 5 guys, with Belisle mentioned 4th.

Turn Off Ads?