Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robertson supposedly a Bengal:Sources: Bengals send picks to Jets for Robertson

Re: Robertson supposedly a Bengal:Sources: Bengals send picks to Jets for Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    10 million dollar cap hits arent in many teams plans for winning
    Especially not for a guy who is going to be cut in June. With the Bengals signing Odom today and swinging and missing on two DT's, I would speculate that they now have their sights set on moving up in the draft.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Robertson supposedly a Bengal:Sources: Bengals send picks to Jets for Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Especially not for a guy who is going to be cut in June. With the Bengals signing Odom today and swinging and missing on two DT's, I would speculate that they now have their sights set on moving up in the draft.
    I have always thought even if they got one of the DTs they were going to try to move up for another D line man. they really need to get into the top 5 some how though if they want one of the big 3-4 guys

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I don't really know how it works to move up in the draft. What options do the Bengals have in order to move up?
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I don't really know how it works to move up in the draft. What options do the Bengals have in order to move up?
    Trade later round picks is how most teams move in the draft.

Trade later round picks is how most teams move in the draft.
    Can they trade one of their compensory picks or would they have to trade the actual pick? With them having two picks in the third round, it makes sense to me that they could trade that third round pick but still actually have a pick in that round due to the compensory pick. Did I figure that out right?
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Can they trade one of their compensory picks or would they have to trade the actual pick? With them having two picks in the third round, it makes sense to me that they could trade that third round pick but still actually have a pick in that round due to the compensory pick. Did I figure that out right?
    You cant trade the comp picks but you can play the normal slotted 1-7 round picks

You cant trade the comp picks but you can play the normal slotted 1-7 round picks
    That's what I thought. Thanks for answering my questions!

That's what I thought. Thanks for answering my questions!

Marvin said today during the Odom presser that the Robertson deals not dead yet.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Marvin said today during the Odom presser that the Robertson deals not dead yet.
    I would imagine him getting cut in the near future has something to do with that. His agent is probably looking for a better deal at the moment and may come back to the Bengals if he doesn't find it.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 03-04-2008 at 11:49 AM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I would imagine him getting cut in the near future has something to do with that. His agent is probably looking for a better deal at the moment and may come back to the Bengals if he doesn't find it.
    He wont get cut until june the last I saw anything

Yeah, June would be the cut, but I think Kory is saying that Robertson might test out a few other offers first and if they don't meet the Bengals offer, then they'll revisit the negotiations.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?