Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ODOM A BENGAL

Re: ODOM A BENGAL

watching his presser on bengals.com I have never felt so awkward watching something in my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    watching his presser on bengals.com I have never felt so awkward watching something in my life.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    How so?
    I dont really know. Odom is so quiet it was just weird

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I dont really know. Odom is so quiet it was just weird
    I heard he was shy, better than Rogers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I heard he was shy, better than Rogers, though.
    He just kinda gave the people with questions not much to work with and there was a few awkward silences and Odom would look at the mic and the ground. He is really shy just from watching the video of the press conf.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Your last point of the need for a solid DT couldn't be more true. I really think there's a decent chance that Sedrick Ellis falls to us at 9. If we can add either him or a guy like Robertson, the Bengals' D might just improve dramatically next year.
    I hope the Bengals get both Ellis and Robertson. Dare to dream!

A guy who pressures the QB versus a guy who made plays. Lets hope those LBs can tackle if he doesn't get the QB.

I do like the signing, just being cautious in my optimism.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I will give you guys a Titan's fan point of view. Odom got far more money than what he was worth. I was hoping that the Titans would not waste alot of money on him. The Titans have been waiting on him to produce for a while now and this was his first decent year. As someone else pointed out, he had a great supporting cast recieving all the double teams. If I was a Bengals fan I would not expect much from Odom, because he is average at best.

Well than, we replaced average (Justin Smith) with average (Antwan Odom). Except at a much cheaper price. Sounds good in my book!

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Well than, we replaced average (Justin Smith) with average (Antwan Odom). Except at a much cheaper price. Sounds good in my book!

Exactly.

Who is also two years younger and registered six more sacks than Justin Smith did. He is also flexible and can play as a hybrid in a 3/4 defense if we do end up going that direction.

Call it average if you want, but I call it an improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I was referring to James B.'s (a Titans' fan) post, where he called Odom average. I really do like the signing of Odom (especially since it's a lot less than what it would have cost to retain Smith), I just think we need a DT badly. We could have Julius Peppers and without anybody in the middle, it still wouldn't make a difference.

That doesn't increase the quality of the team. According to everyone that has ever watched Odom he isn't an every down player. I'd like to think that he generates enough pressure on 3rd down to make the signing worth it alone. I'm inclined to believe the Bengals and Marvin Lewis honestly don't know how to find true defensive talent at reasonable cost. The Bengals have just been pathetic in the FA market with defensive players. If we still have John Thorton in the middle than I don't think Odom can make much of a difference.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Who is also two years younger and registered six more sacks than Justin Smith did. He is also flexible and can play as a hybrid in a 3/4 defense if we do end up going that direction.

Counting sacks don't tell much of a story. Remember Reinard Wilson racking up 9 sacks in 2001? How are we to assume that he can play the LEO position? He's 6'5 and most Titan fans say he doesn't have great lateral quickness.

Remember I'm more pessimistic about the Bengals management than you are about the Reds. think about how I view most of these moves
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I don't think this is a horrible move, and it's certainly better than doing nothing, but it would be foolish to think it will put the Bengals over the top. Hopefully the draft works out in a way that allows the Bengals to get an impact defensive lineman or two.

Turn Off Ads?