Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ODOM A BENGAL

Re: ODOM A BENGAL

Quote Originally Posted by James B. View Post
    I will give you guys a Titan's fan point of view. Odom got far more money than what he was worth. I was hoping that the Titans would not waste alot of money on him. The Titans have been waiting on him to produce for a while now and this was his first decent year. As someone else pointed out, he had a great supporting cast recieving all the double teams. If I was a Bengals fan I would not expect much from Odom, because he is average at best.
    Another Titans fan here. Back when Odom was drafted, he and Travis LaBoy were expected to be high potential players. Like James said, he hasn't produced much until this year. You can take that in two directions though; he's either figured it out and is becoming the player we thought he would or he just had a lucky year because Haynesworth dominated the line and Vanden Bosch was on the other side. I woulnd't say Odom is really good at any one thing, but I'd say he'll be an above average DE for the Bengals.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Another Titans fan here. Back when Odom was drafted, he and Travis LaBoy were expected to be high potential players. Like James said, he hasn't produced much until this year. You can take that in two directions though; he's either figured it out and is becoming the player we thought he would or he just had a lucky year because Haynesworth dominated the line and Vanden Bosch was on the other side. I woulnd't say Odom is really good at any one thing, but I'd say he'll be an above average DE for the Bengals.
    I agree, Odom is a risk, but could be a pretty good player. I am happy with what the Titans did. Odom and LaBoy split time between each other and recieved a total of 11 million a year. The Titans replaced them with Kearse for 3 million a year. They got whay hopefully will be equal production for 8 million less.

Here is a pretty interesting article about Odom.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3327124

Quote Originally Posted by James B. View Post
    Here is a pretty interesting article about Odom.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3327124
    My hope is that he learned a thing or two playing with Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth. He doesn't need to be all world, but if he can make the Bengals D better, I'm all for it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I saw a couple truckers at the Flying J buffet yesterday who would fit the bill.
    I just let out the biggest laugh with this.

Back to the discussion....

Titans saved money and so did the Bengals, Odom 6 years 29mil 11 guaranteed, Justin Smith 6 years 45 mil 20 guaranteed. Smith made a lot of tackles and no pass rush, Odom not as many tackles can rush the passer better than Smith.

Turn Off Ads?