Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ODOM A BENGAL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ODOM A BENGAL

This just in...Odom's deal falls through due to the Bengals' front offices inability to find a pen for the signatures.

Mike Brown unable to work the fax machine to send the necessary documents to the league office... Odom signs with Vikings instead.

That's one step. We're going to need more help though.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

You really love your caps lock dont you?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm happy to see the Bengals finally do something and hopefully it sticks this time!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Does anyone know how good Odom is? Is he close/worse/better than Rogers and Robertson? Thanks.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Does anyone know how good Odom is? Is he close/worse/better than Rogers and Robertson? Thanks.
    Two different positions. Odom is a DE who is similar to Geathers. He did have like eight sacks last year I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Rogers is a couple years older, and has shown flashes of being the best DT in the NFL. Odom is a good consistant player. Granted they play two different positions, but talent wise I'd go with Rogers.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Rogers is a couple years older, and has shown flashes of being the best DT in the NFL. Odom is a good consistant player. Granted they play two different positions, but talent wise I'd go with Rogers.
    The good thing for the Bengals in this case is that Odom is fairly quiet and is a good guy, while Rogers is a loud mouth that doesn't work hard.

I hope Odom is an upgrade from Smith, who I think was better than people gave him credit for. My real concern is not at the ends, but inside the line. They simply need a giant, fat man in the middle to clog up the run. Someone who can't be pushed off the line.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I heard this morning that Odom had 8 sacks and 29 QB pressures. Those numbers would seem to indicate that he's good at getting to the QB.

Now if they could just acquire a quality DT before the draft ...

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    I heard this morning that Odom had 8 sacks and 29 QB pressures. Those numbers would seem to indicate that he's good at getting to the QB.
    Yeah, those are pretty good numbers, but keep in mind that the Titans' D-Line also had Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch - two of the best in the NFL at their respective positions. I'm unsure whether or not Odom will be able to continue to get pressure now that he's more of a focal point than a forgotten man.

Your last point of the need for a solid DT couldn't be more true. I really think there's a decent chance that Sedrick Ellis falls to us at 9. If we can add either him or a guy like Robertson, the Bengals' D might just improve dramatically next year.

Kyle Vanden Bosch wasnt much of anything before going to Tenn

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    They simply need a giant, fat man in the middle to clog up the run. Someone who can't be pushed off the line.
    I saw a couple truckers at the Flying J buffet yesterday who would fit the bill.

Turn Off Ads?