Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Will Brett Favre play in the NFL next season?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

10 35.71%
  • No.

18 64.29%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Favre allegedly retiring... again

Re: Favre allegedly retiring... again

they forgot to drive a stake through his heart

2. Turn Off Ads?

Congrats to the ten people who voted yes in this poll.

Funny thing is, this poll was for LAST season.

Brett Favre is the story that won't go away. Personally it's his body and if he thinks he can play I am all for it. But what I am tired of is the constant media attention surrounding his will he or won't he decision. I know it's a slow time of the year but there are other things to cover. If I am a Vikings player I would punch the next reporter to ask me about Brett.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Favre is becoming like the swallows of Capistrano or the buzzards of Hinckley Ohio. Or he's going to be the Howard Stassen of football (except Favre has won at the top level).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

The story I wish would just die.

Seriously, I am starting to think he is going to become another Roger Clemens. Give it a year or two and he will sign with a team for the final five games of the season like Clemens did with the Yankees before the trade deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

He will never retire, every year this will happen and even as his skills erode more and more some foolish team will sign him and throw him out there like it's 1997.

Maybe the Bengals can get in on it in a few years if Carson leaves
    Go Gators!

Good for Brett....Don't let anybody tell you when you are done. Especially when you have a few 6 INT games left in you.

What a tool.

He makes Evander Holyfield appear decisive.

Now accepting applications for the Vikings fan club. Division was wrapped up already....Brett just stampted the Super Bowl Ticket.

SKOL

All Aboooooaaarrd!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Mon, Oct 5 vs Green Bay
    Sun, Nov 1 AT Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Mon, Oct 5 vs Green Bay
    Sun, Nov 1 AT Green Bay
    Say what you want about #4, but I'm not a fan of either team and I'll be watching that game on 11/1 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The story I wish would just die.

Seriously, I am starting to think he is going to become another Roger Clemens. Give it a year or two and he will sign with a team for the final five games of the season like Clemens did with the Yankees before the trade deadline.
    Shoot, it wouldn't shock me at this point if the Yankees eventually sign him.
    I don't blame Favre for wanting to keep playing. He obviously loves the game. The news coverage does get old though.
    For all of his records, if the Packers needed a score with two minutes to go in a championship game, Favre wouldn't even be my first choice among Green Bay QBs to lead the two minute drill. I'd opt for Bart Starr. Starr never had Favre's arm or stats, but he won much more often.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

They're a *little* excited up here in the land of lakes. If he plays even near where he's been the previous 2 years, the Vikings have a legit chance of winning it all. Adrian Peterson should go off now. And this will be the best running game Bret has had in years.

Like others I don't blame him at all for wanting to continue to play. I just think it's very self-serving the way he's handled it. I don't think he ever intended on not playing this year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    They're a *little* excited up here in the land of lakes. If he plays even near where he's been the previous 2 years, the Vikings have a legit chance of winning it all. Adrian Peterson should go off now. And this will be the best running game Bret has had in years.

Like others I don't blame him at all for wanting to continue to play. I just think it's very self-serving the way he's handled it. I don't think he ever intended on not playing this year.
    It's not so much that I don't blame him for wanting to keep playing, and it was handled A LOT BETTER than last year. Just sick and tired of being spoonfed by ESPN every other day about Brett Favre.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10 games a season not make. I hope for the Vikes sake they've figured out when Brett "hits the wall" and has Rosenfel or Jackson ready to jump in.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?