Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Will Brett Favre play in the NFL next season?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

10 35.71%
  • No.

18 64.29%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Favre allegedly retiring... again

Re: Favre allegedly retiring... again

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Say what you want about #4, but I'm not a fan of either team and I'll be watching that game on 11/1 for sure.
    I'd watch but I think I'd just end up feeling sorry for the Packers fans the whole game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

NM.

Brett Favre is hoping to be the first zombie to play in the NFL
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I'd watch but I think I'd just end up feeling sorry for the Packers fans the whole game.
    I just hope they behave, but I think we all know how that will turn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Favre is never going to go into the HOF because he's never going to retire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I have no problem with him continuing to play at age 40. Bless him, but I do have a problem with him continuing to change his mind. Three weeks ago the answer was no and now that we're through two a days he changes his mind. If the Vikes do well, all will be forgotten. If he breaks down like he did last year, he'll wish he never came back. He'll be remembered more as a punchline for retirement than football if he's not careful

Favre and Clemens: The definition of Prima Dona's!

So, Favre says he may not play in all the games for the Vikes. I'm sure they are overjoyed at that news.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4458557
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Hes resilient

I can't believe that the Vikes went out of their way to get a 40 yr old qb who hasnt done offseason conditioning in what 4 years and expected more out of him. This isnt baseball where you can take 2-3 weeks and get back in the groove (Pedro anyone). Football is a collision sport and him not doing the offseason stuff adds to the chance his body quitting and leaving the Vikes up a creek without a paddle.

You reap what you sew, Vikes fans for your sake I hope your coach knows what he's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So, Favre says he may not play in all the games for the Vikes. I'm sure they are overjoyed at that news.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4458557
    Brad Childress: Um Brett, couldn't you have mentioned this in the car ride to camp?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Bump...just trying to help out, be prepared.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Jesus not again.....If he doesn't retire after the beating the Saints put on him he aint never gonna retire.

Apparently Jay Glazer has already reported that "every player" in the Vikings' locker room believes that Brett Favre will retire this offseason. And Favre said in his post-game press conference Sunday that he isn't ready to make any decisions about his future.

"I wouldn't say months, I know people will roll their eyes," Favre said when asked how long he'll take. "I really don't want to make a decision right now. I really enjoyed the guys. I just wonder if I can hold up, especially after a day like today, physically and mentally. That was pretty draining."
    Personally I'm thinking about calling Favre Phil from now on cuz he's just like the groundhog. The same thing happens every year. It's like it's become a rite of spring for him.

I don't care about his off-season antics, as long as his final decision is to play. I love seeing him play.

After the pounding he took last night though...

[Prepares to be fried by every member of RZ]

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?