Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Number 14

Number 14

No, this isn't about Pete Rose.

Today I mark my 14th wedding anniversary. I look back and cannot believe we have gotten here. It's like a blur. One minute my kids are in diapers, the next one is in college. My goals for this year are to put the remote down and spend more time with my wife. I've become too complacent in our relationship. She recently had some friends that just packed everything up and moved to Las Vegas, and she has the itch to change our life. So, I need to do something big this year, something that says we aren't going to drift till we retire. We don't vacation, we don't take trips, because we never have the money. So that has to change.

I've never been good at telling her how much she means to me. Another thing for me to work on. I argue too much. I always have to be right, even if I am wrong. I just want her to be happy, but I know right now she is not.

I wish she knew that she is the first thing I think of each morning, that I can only sleep when she's next to me. I wish she realized how much she has introduced to me, and that without her my life would be work, then home, TV then bed. I don't converse well with people face to face. Generally, I don't like people. I'm like the unabomber minus the bomber part. A hermit before my time. Connie forces me out in the open. She forces me outside my comfort zone. She tries so hard to make me a better person.

I can't imagine a day without her. 14 down, a life time to go.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Number 14

Congrats TRF. Good luck on changing those things you want to change, and here's to many more anniversaries for the two of you.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Dude, first step is share this post with her! Awesome!

We renewed our vows at our 10th, maybe you could initiate something like that or, recreate your first date or something special like that to let her now that you cherish your time with her!
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    We don't vacation, we don't take trips, because we never have the money. So that has to change.
    I can't imagine how being with you isn't like Disneyland 24/7.

16 coming up for me and I'm right there with you. Sometimes I look at my wife and I wonder, "What in the world caused you to lower yourself to me?".

Then I worry that I actually said it out loud.

Best wishes to you and the misses.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I can't imagine how being with you isn't like Disneyland 24/7.

16 coming up for me and I'm right there with you. Sometimes I look at my wife and I wonder, "What in the world caused you to lower yourself to me?".

Then I worry that I actually said it out loud.

Best wishes to you and the misses.
    thppt! I'm a prize catch.

booby prize that is.

booby.
    You kiss your wife with that mouth?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

as much as she'll let me.

heh. booby.

Congrats TRF. It seems like everyday we hear about somebody who's getting divorced so early on in their relationships. It's great when you hear that marriage is still a sacred bond.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Congratulations! I like hearing stories about long term happy marriages. It helps me believe that all marriages really don't end in divorce, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    Dude, first step is share this post with her! Awesome!
    No better advice via the net has ever been given!!! I am guessing good things will happen if she reads it!!

In fact I am thinking of copying your post and giving it to my wife and telling her I wrote it!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Congrats TRF!!

If you have a hard time saying things face-to-face with your wife, write them down. Send her an email or hand-write a nice letter and put it in a card. That's worked for me many times. Sometimes it's just easier to lay it all out in written form. I can imagine that your wife would absolutely LOVE to hear the things that your put in your post above.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Congrats! I feel like a rookie at six years, but it sure has gone by fast.

I must confess something. When I saw the title of the thread, my first thought was, "Oh no, which Bengal got arrested this time?"

Congrats TRF. Our 14th is coming up (next month) also! Best of luck on the future goals and wishes.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I wish she knew that she is the first thing I think of each morning, that I can only sleep when she's next to me. I wish she realized how much she has introduced to me, and that without her my life would be work, then home, TV then bed. I don't converse well with people face to face. Generally, I don't like people. I'm like the unabomber minus the bomber part. A hermit before my time. Connie forces me out in the open. She forces me outside my comfort zone. She tries so hard to make me a better person.

I can't imagine a day without her. 14 down, a life time to go.
    Print that out. Hand it to her. Tell her you wrote it. You won't regret it.

I'm just shy of 25 years. Laugh with her as much as you can. That's really the best thing.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I think most of us among the male gender would agree that our wives make us better than we would be alone. Without my wife, I would more than likely revert to my inner caveman.

Turn Off Ads?