Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce--Get Him Out of CF A.S.A.P

Jay Bruce--Get Him Out of CF A.S.A.P

"It's a couple of days," Baker said. "The one thing that makes yo a little weary is he's had this a couple of times and he's 20 years old. You've got to find a way to stop these minor leg problems before they become major. Its rare you have them this young. It makes you a little apprehensive as far as being a centerfielder, because in his career, that's a lot of running out there. We'll figure something out."
    That is from Trent.

I understand if we keep him in CF this year because there is an opening, but if Griffey or Dunn go down we need to get him out of center field. When Griffey and/or Dunn is most likely gone after this year, we need to move him to RF. This guy has too much talent, has too big of a body, and has too much talent to put that kind of pressure on his legs. As soon as we get the chance, he needs to be in a COF spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Jay Bruce--Get Him Out of CF A.S.A.P

I might be a little late on this story but what has his problems been? Maybe the need to find him a yoga coach or something since it seems like it might be a flexibility problem.

Right fielders have to run around too.

The guy is twenty years old and GABP is a small CF ... playing there for a few years is not going to be an issue unless there is an underlying problem.

Well, hell, if this is such a problem, why not just move him to 1B?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

*gulp*

Whither Erik Bedard?

Why is this the first I've heard that Bruce is gimpy?

Minor aches at a young age pretty much always lead to a case of the Griffies later.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 03-03-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    *gulp*

Whither Erik Bedard?

Why is this the first I've heard that Bruce is gimpy?

Minor aches at a young age pretty much always lead to a case of the Griffies later.
    Well, if his career comes anywhere near to where Griffey's has been, I think we'll all be thrilled.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Well, if his career comes anywhere near to where Griffey's has been, I think we'll all be thrilled.
    Griffey's poor-leg genes didn't become symptomatic until much later in his career.

Bruce is gimpy at age 20? Not good. I guess they have just been hush-hush about it because it's the first I've heard of his fragility. But if it's true, I have no way of understanding why he wasn't dealt for Bedard.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

A slight quad problem for a 20 yr old who is still filling out is not gimpy or being fragile, it is really all about nothing.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Um, isn't this his first hurt in the spring?

And, this is his first spring under a huge microscope?

And we're already throwing him under the bus?

Is it me, or is it that bad around here?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Bruce is gimpy at age 20? Not good. I guess they have just been hush-hush about it because it's the first I've heard of his fragility. But if it's true, I have no way of understanding why he wasn't dealt for Bedard.
    Because maybe he just tweaked it a bit yesterday and this is all way overblown? That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    A slight quad problem for a 20 yr old who is still filling out is not gimpy or being fragile, it is really all about nothing.
    Unless Dusty's lying (which is possible I suppose), this is not an isolated incident.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

So he has had two leg issues by the age of 21 that have led to him missing 3 regular season games and 1 spring training game and now his legs are going to fall apart in the future?

Considering how vehemently Dusty's been panned for destroying pitchers' careers, you'd think folks would be okay with him protecting a hitter who's a touch glassy (and who could have netted the Reds a bonafide ace for the first time since Jose Rijo).

Considering how vehemently Dusty's been panned for destroying pitchers' careers, you'd think folks would be okay with him protecting a hitter who's a touch glassy (and who could have netted the Reds a bonafide ace for the first time since Jose Rijo).
    ..and considering how trading Bruce for Bedard could have blown up if Bedard gave up dinger after dinger, the glass-half-empty theory doesn't work here.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?