Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What team would you pick to be your favorite?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore

0 0%
  • Boston

6 11.11%
  • New York Y

2 3.70%
  • Tampa Bay

3 5.56%
  • Toronto

0 0%
  • Chicago WS

0 0%
  • Cleveland

2 3.70%
  • Detroit

0 0%
  • Kansas City

0 0%
  • Minnesota

0 0%
  • Los Angeles A

1 1.85%
  • Oakland

4 7.41%
  • Seattle

0 0%
  • Texas

0 0%
  • Atlanta

0 0%
  • Florida

0 0%
  • New York M

1 1.85%
  • Philly

0 0%
  • Washington

0 0%
  • Chicago C

1 1.85%
  • Cincinnati

24 44.44%
  • Houston

1 1.85%
  • Milwaukee

1 1.85%
  • Pittsburgh

1 1.85%
  • St. Louis

0 0%
  • Arizona

1 1.85%
  • Colorado

1 1.85%
  • Los Angeles D

3 5.56%
  • San Diego

2 3.70%
  • San Francisco

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could pick your favorite team

Re: If you could pick your favorite team

I'm going to roll with the Devil Rays. They've been an underdog their entire existence and they have ridiculously awesome young players both in the farm system and on the field. I hope one of these seasons they overtake both evil empires.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I guess I assumed more people would have picked a team other than the Reds. I would choose an organization that has the same baseball philosophies as me, and has a great stadium with a good atmosphere for a young crowd. I went with the Red Sox.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I could pretty easily be a Cardinal fan.

Dodgers and Indians as 2A and 2B.

GL

I'd have to go with the Yankees. I have family on Long Island and they bleed Yankee pinstripes, it'd be pretty easy to fall in love with that tradition and atmosphere.

I watch a lot of Tampa Bay. Two hours away, young and exciting squad, may have a stadium with a sailboat attached to the top soon. What's not too like.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I don't do AL baseball, so because of geography and ease of following the team that's 4 hours away, I would go with Houston.
    /r/reds

San Diego, the AL is a farce.
    Go Gators!

Assuming the Reds were not an option, I chose Boston. Everything from their history to Cheers to the ball park to Tony Perez playing for them to Oil Can Boyd to Dewey Evans always kinda drew me in. I don't know that I was ever so anxious to gvisit somewhere as I was my 1st visit to Fenway when I was 19. But the Reds were always the 1st and most natural team for me.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I no longer live in New England, but I will always be a New Englander at heart. I'm from a long line of hardcore Red Sox fans. I adopted the Reds while playing wiffle ball as a kid. No one could be the Sox because that would result in arguments. No one would choose an American League team because that would be blashemy. Ted (named for Williams) chose the Giants. Bob the Braves. I chose the Reds. Then, we moved to Cincinnati for my junior high years, and my other favorite team was firmly cemented.

Actually, the wiffle ball choice wasn't arbitrary. My dad worked for General Electric, and I was born in Cincinnati during his first tour in Evendale. My family moved back home to Topsfield, north of Boston, when I was young, but the connection with the Reds had been made.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I voted for Boston because I assumed this poll was meant to be for choosing which team other than the Reds. There has to be something deeply gratifying about being a BoSox fan these days. After so many decades of losing, they are finally on top, and they have a front office that actually takes modern approaches to scouting and statistical analysis seriously. They also have a pretty kick ass 'net community in Sons of Sam Horn. All in all, I think it's pretty good to be a Boston fan these days.

The Reds are my favorite team and always will be. But if I had to choose... I'd make their present a lot more like the Red Sox (I prefer the Cincinnati past, thank you very much).
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

The Reds are my favorite team and the Yankees are my second. I love them both, but the Reds are 1st no matter what. I just love baseball with a passion and really like watching anyone, for the most part. I don't think I could ever be a Red Sox or Cubs fan. I get sick thinking about it. I really don't like St. Louis either. I've always kind of liked watching the west coast teams a lot as well. I used to hate Atlanta in the 90s, but I really enjoy watching them now.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I picked Oakland because I grew up every year going to see them in Spring Training.

Growing up where I did - everyone was either a Dodgers fan due to location and the Dodgers were the only baseball in season on the radio & TV here; or a Giants fan because the AAA squad was in town, or a Cubs fans, because Cubs fans are like bad weeds, they pop up everywhere, and my hometown tends to be a 2nd home for them.

The As were an AL team and I couldn't ever pull for another NL team besides the Reds - and they were entertaining with Rickey, Jose & Mark every year making Spring Training a circus - in the mid to late 80s so it was easy enough to make them my 2nd team.

I've been attending their spring training games for over 20 years now.

I assume other than the Reds. I would go with the Pirates. Even though they were big rivals with the Reds in the 70's I always liked them too. Some of those 70's Pirates players are my favorite non Reds.Stargell,Oliver,Hebner,Sanguillen and others are just a notch below the Big Red Machine for me. Believe it or not they do have a great baseball tradition and I still like to watch them if the Reds aren't on TV.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

If it weren't for the Reds, I'd just obsess over a minor league team or two (i.e. Dragons, Indians, Clippers, Bats).

Other than the Reds, I always follow the Arizona Diamondbacks. I lived out in Arizona for a summer a couple years ago and since they had the $1 tickets I went to at least 10-15 games over the summer. They had a nice stadium (change of pace from Cincy) and they also had a lot of young, exciting players so they were an easy team to root for.

Turn Off Ads?