Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Swayze has cancer; Doctors give him 5 weeks to live

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Patrick Swayze has cancer; Doctors give him 5 weeks to live

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/patr...elebrity/64581
    PATRICK SWAYZE HAS 5 WEEKS TO LIVE

Patrick Swayze has five weeks to live, The NATIONAL ENQUIRER has learned.

In a shocking world exclusive, The NATIONAL ENQUIRER has uncovered the devastating news that the beloved Hollywood actor and dancer was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer that has spread to other organs.

Full details are in the print edition of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER that goes on sale tomorrow.

For the past month, Patrick, 55, has been traveling to Stanford University's prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful.

Patrick and his wife Lisa Niemi — who both have pilot's licenses — have been flying their private Beechcraft plane into Palo Alto's airport, minutes away from the Stanford Cancer Center, where the actor has received outpatient treatment.

He received three doses of chemotherapy and the tumor shrank, but less than his doctors had hoped for — and Patrick was told he should prepare for the end.

"He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding. In short - they held out little hope for a cure," said an insider.

The man who danced into the hearts of audiences worldwide in the 1980s in Dirty Dancing and then broke them in the poignant love story Ghost in the early '90s has lost more than 20 pounds in the past few weeks and is restricted to a liquid diet because he has trouble keeping down solid food, added the insider.

"It's time to start praying for a miracle."
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Patrick Swayze has cancer; Doctors give him 5 weeks to live

Reports Conflict Over Swayze Terminal Cancer Claim
    Enquirer Reports 'Dirty Dancing Star' Has Five Weeks To Live

There are conflicting reports out about "Dirty Dancing" star Patrick Swayze suffering from terminal cancer.

The National Enquirer claimed in an online report Wednesday that it has learned in a "shocking world exclusive" that Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January and only has five weeks to live.

The Enquirer also said that the cancer has spread to other organs. The report said that Swayze, 55, is receiving radical chemotherapy treatment as an outpatient at the Stanford Medical Center-- minutes from the Palo Alto, Calif., airport, where the actor and his wife, Lisa Niemi, have been flying in to on their private plane.
    sponsor

However, a "very good source" told celebrity blogger Perez Hilton said that Swayze has been at rehearsals on a new cheerleading movie at a studio in Century City, Calif., and "definitely does not look like he has five more weeks of life left ."

"I'm not sure of his medical condition(s), but if he is gravely ill, he is hiding it very well," the source said on Hilton's blog.

Fox News online, which also reported on the Enquirer's report, said that a call to Swayze's representatives have not been returned.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Swayze had surgery for a "serious gastro-intestinal procedure" at a California hospital in early February.

Swayze has also starred in such films as "Ghost" and "Road House." He has been married to Niemi since 1975.

Dist
    http://www.kmbc.com/entertainment/15504671/detail.html

However, a "very good source" told celebrity blogger Perez Hilton said that Swayze has been at rehearsals on a new cheerleading movie at a studio in Century City, Calif
    Thank god for Hollywood and all their creative juices... this country needs a new cheerleading movie.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thank god for Hollywood and all their creative juices... this country needs a new cheerleading movie.
    Frankly I hope he's making ANY sort of abomination of a movie rather than having 5 weeks to live.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

It's called: "Putting Baby in the Corner."
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I think I'll wait until I read or hear something from a more reliable source than the Enquirer before I really believe this news.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

They should Bring It On.

Is there a Roadhouse Curse? Jeff Healy just died of cancer, Patrick Swayze may have cancer, Kelly Lynch's career is in the toilet and look what happened to poor Terry Funk.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Is there a Roadhouse Curse? Jeff Healy just died of cancer, Patrick Swayze may have cancer, Kelly Lynch's career is in the toilet and look what happened to poor Terry Funk.

It's only March, but this is the Post of the Year, as far as I'm concerned.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I just want to see more of Don Swayze, his brother. Maybe a Lifetime bio-pic.

The name of his movie would be, "When Genes Just Miss: The Don Swayze Story.""

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I just want to see more of Don Swayze, his brother. Maybe a Lifetime bio-pic.

The name of his movie would be, "When Genes Just Miss: The Don Swayze Story.""

Wasn't he on a movie that they showed on MST3K? I know Martin Sheen's brother Joe Estevez was in one of them.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Wasn't he on a movie that they showed on MST3K? I know Martin Sheen's brother Joe Estevez was in one of them.
    Joe Estevez in....

I hope this is wrong. The National Enquirer isn't my first source for news though. I'm waiting for a press release/confrence from Swayze. If he does have cancer however, I am deeply saddened. He's a very good actor. Let's hope it's just another lie from the National Enquirer.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

No, but there was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZyJCV_dyug
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I hate it when things like this happen to people that are my age.

In this case, really close to my age. Swayze and I were born on the same day 8/18/52.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?