Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds to honor the fallen on Opening Day

Reds to honor the fallen on Opening Day

Reds reveal Opening Day plans
    Cincinnati to honor the late Nuxhall, Howsam and Bender
    By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Opening Day is always a regal affair in Cincinnati and it will be no different in 2008.

The Reds will open the regular season against the Diamondbacks on March 31 at Great American Ball Park. On Thursday, the club revealed its pregame ceremonial plans.

Hamilton County commissioner Todd Portune will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Jazz vocalist and area resident Kathy Wade will sing the national anthem, with a flyover by four F-18 jets from the Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 224.

There will be tributes paid to Joe Nuxhall, Bob Howsam and Sheldon "Chief" Bender, who all passed away since last season ended.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

A good idea to have a tribute to all 3 on Opening Day.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds to honor the fallen on Opening Day

I listen to 700wlw like crazy its my favorite station and it is so sad not to hear Joe's voice when the SPT games are on. I always loved the cheesy commercials with Joe and Marty they always put a smile on my face because you know they were laughing at each other the whole time they were talking. I think the opening day ceremonies will be very sad but a joyful day because you all know Joe would want everyone to focus on the game. The other two guys I didn't really know like Joe but my prayers go out to thier families.

Turn Off Ads?