Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who will be the Reds complete pitching staff ?

Who will be the Reds complete pitching staff ?

I think they will go with a young feel overall this season and suprise everyone.

Starters
    1) Harang (this is a given)
    2) Arroyo (aswell a given)
    3) Fogg
    4) Cueto
    5) Bailey

Bull Pen
    CL Cordero
    Weathers
    Burton
    Volquez
    Salmon or Coffey
    Bray
    Affeltd

I think I like the look of the young kids in the bigs.I believe that Cueto, Bailey, and Volquez are on the team wiht the way they are performing right now.Sure they could totally blow it and be assigned to AAA but I dont see that happening.I think the FO and Dusty are going to give them every chance in the world to make the team and go north.

The above staff would be the best pitcher we as a team could send to Cincy at the end of March.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who will be the Reds complete pitching staff ?

On paper, that's a good looking staff. I hope that's the staff Baker goes with.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

No Belisle? Also, is anyone starting to think Justin Lehr has a chance to make this staff?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Also, is anyone starting to think Justin Lehr has a chance to make this staff?
    What are his stats so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I think they will go with a young feel overall this season and suprise everyone.

Starters
    1) Harang (this is a given)
    2) Arroyo (aswell a given)
    3) Fogg
    4) Cueto
    5) Bailey

Bull Pen
    CL Cordero
    Weathers
    Burton
    Volquez
    Salmon or Coffey
    Bray
    Affeltd

I think I like the look of the young kids in the bigs.I believe that Cueto, Bailey, and Volquez are on the team wiht the way they are performing right now.Sure they could totally blow it and be assigned to AAA but I dont see that happening.I think the FO and Dusty are going to give them every chance in the world to make the team and go north.

The above staff would be the best pitcher we as a team could send to Cincy at the end of March.
    1: I think one of Cueto/Bailey may make the rotation with Belisle/Fogg rounding it out.

2: Hopefully Affeldt is in the pen
    3: It is hard to see them cutting ties with Stanton in ST. (not that it isnt warranted,still hard to see though)

Where is Belisle? There may be a small chance he misses the rotation, but IMO no way he's not on the Opening Day roster. My guess at the Reds staff:

Harang
    Arroyo
    Belisle
    Fogg
    Volquez

Cordero
    Weathers
    Burton
    Bray
    Stanton
    Affeldt
    Coffey

I wouldn't be suprised to see Cueto in the bullpen if Bray isn't ready, or maybe Cueto getting the nod ahead of Coffey. Like others have said I don't see us dumping Stanton before opening day, though when making this list it's pretty clear he doesn't deserve to make the squad. Guys who I left off like Salmon, Cueto, McBeth, Coutlangus all are more deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    Where is Belisle?

Guys who I left off like Salmon, Cueto, McBeth, Coutlangus all are more deserving.
    Dont forget about Reonicke.
    I think he could be added to that group as of "right now". Let's hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    What are his stats so far ?
    Lehr: 3.1ip 2h 0r 0bb 3k's 0.00 era

i think it will be:
    1- harang
    2- arroyo
    3- belisle
    4- fogg
    5- bailey

bullpen:
    cordero
    weathers
    burton
    affeldt
    stanton
    volquez
    mcbeth (this is a tossup right now between about 4 guys)
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Turn Off Ads?