Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marlins new ballpark in jeopardy

Re: Marlins new ballpark in jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Just blow up the orange bowl, everyone will feel better.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    ATL would throw a fit if FLA moved to any of those places and HOU would do the same if they moved to NO. Plus NO may lose the Hornets and/or the Saints.
    Yes, but it would still make better sense in those areas. The other team owners sure didn't mind putting the screws to Angelos when the Nationals were being approved in the Orioles' backyard.

Of course, Angelos is demon spawn in many of their eyes...so I digress.

eh, the stadium deal is going through

this is just a blip on the radar

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I seem to remember hearing about how Cleveland and Seattle were terrible baseball towns.

Look, I don't like the whole stadium extortion game anymore than the next person, but I believe the Marlins drew 3 million fans in their first year and drew pretty well the year after their 2nd world series. All of it in a crummy rainfall-prone setting in stifling summer heat. The population of Miami likes baseball as much as any population in the country. If they do the park right, I expect them to draw above average on a consistent basis.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I seem to remember hearing about how Cleveland and Seattle were terrible baseball towns.

Look, I don't like the whole stadium extortion game anymore than the next person, but I believe the Marlins drew 3 million fans in their first year and drew pretty well the year after their 2nd world series. All of it in a crummy rainfall-prone setting in stifling summer heat. The population of Miami likes baseball as much as any population in the country. If they do the park right, I expect them to draw above average on a consistent basis.
    that...

and actually putting money into the team

but they are correlative anyway

I wouldn't expect Loria to put any money into the team, I expect him to sell as fast as he can as soon as the new place opens.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I wouldn't expect Loria to put any money into the team, I expect him to sell as fast as he can as soon as the new place opens.
    fine with me

but it's not like he hasn't put money into the team before

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Seattle was never a terrible baseball town, those 500 of us that were regulars at the Kingdome really knew the game.

Turn Off Ads?