Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volquez

Volquez

Put him in the rotation as well.

He just struck out about 65million dollars worth of salary right there.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Volquez

It's beginning to sound like the two youngsters Volquez, and Cueto should both be in the rotation. They obviously have better stuff, and greater potential than any of their competitors for the spots.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Volquez did look tough, but Waynie seemed to side step the whole Cueto factor on the air.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

I dont see how anyone could think the Reds would be better with Fogg in the rotation over say , a Volquez.
    Fogg is what he is but Volquez can really be something special.
    I've heard alot of good things about the way he throws the ball and I seen it for the first time tonight.
    It should be safe to assume that Volquez/Cueto appear to be quite a bit ahead of Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    I dont see how anyone could think the Reds would be better with Fogg in the rotation over say , a Volquez.
    Fogg is what he is but Volquez can really be something special.
    I've heard alot of good things about the way he throws the ball and I seen it for the first time tonight.
    It should be safe to assume that Volquez/Cueto appear to be quite a bit ahead of Bailey.
    Agreed, might as well let the young guys get experience.

got alil captain in u?

volquez will definately be on the big club at the beginning of the year whether it's the bullpen or the rotation that's up to him to decide.

No radar, but he looked to be throwing around 95 with a flat-out nasty changeup.

7 strikeouts in 3.0 IP so far, that's a K/9 of 21

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    volquez will definately be on the big club at the beginning of the year whether it's the bullpen or the rotation that's up to him to decide.
    I have to agree. I think it's set that atleast one of the youngsters will be in the rotaton come opening day. Even if that doesn't happen, one will be in the bullpen. Since Volquez has MLB experience, and has stuff that rivals with Cueto, I see no reason why he doesn't deserve to be in the rotation.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

If Cueto is better than Bailey AND Volquez then I could end up pooping myself when I see him pitch because Volquez is impressive. Watching him pitch makes me even more excited for opening day.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Since Volquez has MLB experience, and has stuff that rivals with Cueto, I see no reason why he doesn't deserve to be in the rotation.
    He doesn't have the nasty breaking ball like Cueto, in fact the few curves he threw tonight looked pretty weak, but his change looked outstanding.

Volquez = amazing stuff and ready now!

Bailey = great stuff, still not consistent enough to be ready.

Glad I got to see them both tonight.

If the Reds take a leap of faith and put Cueto and Volquez in the rotation, they have a great shot at this division. They look unhittable at times. Sure, they'll take a few lumps, but I gurantee they would have alot more ups than downs.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    If the Reds take a leap of faith and put Cueto and Volquez in the rotation, they have a great shot at this division. They look unhittable at times. Sure, they'll take a few lumps, but I gurantee they would have alot more ups than downs.
    I'll have 100% respect for the management if they make those moves, regardless of the results.

wow, volquez was VERY impressive. makes you feel a little better about the hamilton trade, even though he was one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Plus, doesnt a rotation of Harang, Arroyo, Volquez, Cueto,Belisle sound more intimidating than Harang, Arroyo,Belisle,Affedlt,Fogg.
    As you said, they will take their knocks but I doubt they would take more than the experienced Fogg or Belisle for that matter.

Turn Off Ads?