Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Todd Coffey this spring?

Todd Coffey this spring?

I've been listening to WLW and reading the game threads regularly, and I haven't heard much about Todd Coffey's spring stats.

After his awful 2007, I figured there would be more interest as to how he's doing this spring.

If anyone has access to his spring numbers it would be appreciated. I've googled to no avail.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Coffey this spring?

Todd Coffey: 2 games, 2 IP, 0.00 ERA, 1 strikeout.

Make what you will of that.

Talk about small sample size...

send him to any other team it would be addition by subtraction

If Volquez ends up in the pen, Todd Coffey can catch a bus to Louisville.

But I think they should be giving him a decent look this spring... When a guy touches 95mph on the gun, you have to give them another shot.

I keep Coffey, speaking of who stays, here is Hal McCoy's 25 man roster (this was before Mondays Voltron showing)

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/

Hal gets a lot of crap around here, but replace Bailey with Voltron in the rotation (which he might do after tonight) and that is the exact team I take north. I even use his lineup.

I'm pretty much in agreement with it, not that it was hard to do.

I would like to see Todd Coffey be able to do something other than put the ball right down the pipe. With a little placement of his fastball he could be pretty good. But everyone knows if he just puts it down the middle he is going to remain getting rocked.

But, to deal with the spring question, I don't think he has done much in the games, not had alot of action.

Another scoreless inning today, 1 strikeout. Let's see how he does when the games count.

got alil captain in u?

Coffey just needs to find another pitch to go with his fastball. If he figures it out he can be a very serviceable reliever for many years.

Turn Off Ads?