Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Catcher

Re: Catcher

This was discussed three months ago and, basicly, the Reds did nothing about the situation. Now, if Ross goes on the DL, they will be even thiner than before.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...etter+catching

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds do need help at the Catcher position, but I'm not sure it's as important as some seem to think. The Cubs got by almost all of last year with a lousy catching situation in the Central.

I think they need to keep Bako in the minors and I'd give Hanigan a shot. I like him better than the other options (including Javy).

As for long-term options, many have suggested in the past that the Reds target Taylor Teagarden. The question is, what would it take to get him?

As for long-term options, many have suggested in the past that the Reds target Taylor Teagarden. The question is, what would it take to get him?
    My guess is pitching. I'd try the Texan Belisle.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

no catchers, too many third basemen?

Adam Rosales: strap in

no catchers, too many third basemen?

Adam Rosales: strap in
    Interesting idea, but it would take years before he'd be major league ready, and he's too advanced with the bat. Trade market is where they should be looking.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    it would take years before he'd be major league ready.
    I'm thinking days

"No matter where he's playing, Adam Rosales just knows where to be and what to do"

--Dusty Baker
    Last edited by princeton; 03-11-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    No matter where he's playing, Adam Rosales just knows where to be and what to do

--Dusty Baker
    I think he forgot "and how to win"...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I think he forgot "and how to win"...
    we haven't been hearing that nearly as much as the last few years. All in can say is that there would a bunch of guys who showed up in Cincy "knowing how to win" and must have promptly forgotten.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

No matter where he's playing, Adam Rosales just knows where to be and what to do

--Dusty Baker
    Saw Doug Flynn demonstrating and having Adam practice the back-hand flip from 2B to SS on the DP (George Foster served as the SS target on the bag).

Doug was stressing quickness to Rosales (lanky enough that his 6'1" looks more like 6'3" -- especially at middle infield).

At the end, Doug said to Rosales something like: "That was so quick, I didn't even see it."
    Last edited by Far East; 03-11-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    This was discussed three months ago and, basicly, the Reds did nothing about the situation. Now, if Ross goes on the DL, they will be even thiner than before.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...etter+catching

Rem

And now they are paying the price.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Far East View Post
    Saw Doug Flynn demonstrating and having Adam practice the back-hand flip from 2B to SS on the DP (George Foster served as the SS target on the bag).

Doug was stressing quickness to Rosales (lanky enough that his 6'1" looks more like 6'3" -- especially at middle infield).

At the end, Doug said something like: "That was so quick, I didn't even see it."
    Rosales needs no teammates. He's like Bugs Bunny

Can he throw the powerful, paralyzing, perfect pachydermous percussion pitch?

Pitcher, Adam Rosales. Catcher, Adam Rosales. First base, Adam Rosales. Second base, Adam Rosales ...
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Pitcher, Adam Rosales. Catcher, Adam Rosales. First base, Adam Rosales. Second base, Adam Rosales ...
    need to line up the Gashouse Gorillas
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

IF, and it's a big if, Dave Ross is healthy, I don't see any of the solutions being tossed around in this thread representing an overall upgrade...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Turn Off Ads?