Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corey Patterson gets in his first lineup today...

Corey Patterson gets in his first lineup today...

Wonder where he's batting?!?!:

Corey Patterson CF
    Norris Hopper LF
    Jay Bruce RF
    Edwin Encarnacion 3B
    Joey Votto 1B
    Jerry Hariston 2B
    Paul Boko C
    Juan Castro SS
    Chris Kroski DH

WEIRD!!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Re: Corey Patterson gets in his first lineup today...

That looks like the new "Murderers Row" to me.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

got alil captain in u?

I am very intersted to see how patterson fairs today. Another intruiging thing is to see Jay hit third. That could be his future spot in the lineup. Atleast he has some good protectiona round him with encarnacion.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    I am very intersted to see how patterson fairs today. Another intruiging thing is to see Jay hit third. That could be his future spot in the lineup. Atleast he has some good protectiona round him with encarnacion.
    I have to give you credit for trying to find a positive

I honestly wonder if a more impotent lineup has ever been written on a lineup card in Reds ST history
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    I have to give you credit for trying to find a positive

I honestly wonder if a more impotent lineup has ever been written on a lineup card in Reds ST history
    Time for a mini-retraction, I didn't realize this was a SS game
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post

Corey Patterson CF
    Norris Hopper LF
    Jay Bruce RF
    Edwin Encarnacion 3B
    Joey Votto 1B
    Jerry Hariston 2B
    Paul Boko C
    Juan Castro SS
    Chris Kroski DH

WEIRD!!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    tHAT CAN'T BE THE REAL LINE UP!?!?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    Time for a mini-retraction, I didn't realize this was a SS game
    I thought it was the JV game. Reds laid a goose egg last night with their regular lineup, is it possible to score negative runs with this one? Brings back to mind the good old days of Bob Boone's "Sunday Specials"
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

got alil captain in u?

i've seen worse lineups ran out their on sundays by the three stooges boone, narron and miley. Plus it's split squad today so there's not a whole lot of choices.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    That should be the truth - but I'm sure you've seen Baker's comments on BP, that "he should bat third someday".

You know, you don't want your #3 hitter clogging up the bases...

Unfortunately EE, although probably the best contact and power hitter not named Adam Dunn on the team, will be relegated to the 6 spot in the present and future - unless we dont' keep Dunn.

2009 lineup:

Patterson
    Gonzalez
    BP
    JB
    EE
    Votto
    Some really crappy Left Fielder
    Some really crappy Catcher

UGH!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post

Corey Patterson CF
    Norris Hopper LF
    Jay Bruce RF
    Edwin Encarnacion 3B
    Joey Votto 1B
    Jerry Hariston 2B
    Paul Boko C
    Juan Castro SS
    Chris Kroski DH

WEIRD!!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Chris Kroski at the plate! The pitch..........he swings and misses. The pitcher really had Chris crossed on that pitch.

His parents should be shot for that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    That looks like the new "Murderers Row" to me.
    Hey, anything with Bruce in it is murderers row.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Unfortunately, "Murderers Row" didn't fare so well against Dontrelle. Nasty Left-Handers are going to (continue to) eat us alive.

For all the things Bruce and Votto will bring to the Reds in the future, looks like hitting Left Handers should not be one we look for.

This only re-emphasizes the need for a RH power bat.

FWIW, EE didn't have any success against D-Train either... That Murderers Row was a combined 0-8 with 3 K's (tho not sure if they were all against DW).

PEACE

-BLEEDS

per Fay, 3/13:

"Reds v. Phillies lineup

7:05, no radio.

Corey Patterson CF
    Juan Castro SS
    Ken Griffey Jr. RF
    Brandon Phillips 2 B
    Adam Dunn LF
    Edwin Encarnacion 3B
    Joey Votto 1B
    Paul Bako C
    Chris Dickerson DH

Jeremy Affeldt P, followed by Mike Stanton, Jim Brower, Gary Majewski and Scott Sauerbeck."

Still looking for an indication that we're going to bat Patterson 7th.

Hope it's sinking in for you doubters. Kinda like a sickness, you just have to face up and accept it, no matter how much it nauseates you.

This looks like our opening day lineup - at least 1-7. Replace Bako with Ross/Valentin.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Juan Castro will not be the Opening Day SS.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Juan Castro will not be the Opening Day SS.
    I wouldn't bet against it.

He definitely wouldn't clog the bases, that's for sure.

Keppinger has an inside shot, but I don't think Dusty likes his Defense as much. Janish had some early looks/promise, but I think Dusty goes the "proven but crappy veteran" whenever in doubt...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Turn Off Ads?