Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jericho Fans

Jericho Fans

Any fans waiting for the return of Jericho?

Mrs. Ltlabner and I caught onto the show late in the season and actually saw most of the shows online.

I thought it was a well done, compelling show with interesting characiters. It was filed with tight, fast-pased segments almost like a soap-opera.

I guess it didn't have many viewers, but those who watched were pretty die-hard.

Anyway, I'm ready for the season premier and will be interested to see how some of the story lines unfold. I think they killed off Johnston at the end of last season thinking the show was over and wasn't comming back. I wonder if he'll show up in a lot of flashbacks.

And this much is sure: Hawkins is a total badass.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-25-2007 at 10:26 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jericho Fans

I'm actually a big fan too. I didn't send any nuts to CBS, but I was sad when I heard it was canceled. Glad they are bringing it back, and hopefully it'll be for more than just 8 weeks.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I like the show, too, but was disappointed by the hokiness of the season finale. After seeing that, I would have been OK with it not returning.

I was amazed that the Nuts campaign had any effect. Networks usually don't pay attention to things like that when a show underperforms in the ratings.

One of the big gripes I've read on another board is that the show spends too much time on relationships between the characters and not enough on the challenges of life in a disconnected society that lacks running water and electricity.
    /r/reds

I think thats the purpose of the show, how people react to one another in difficult times. Yes I love the premise of the nuclear attacks and survival, but at its core its a show about human nature. The relationship of the prodigal son returning home and his father and brother. How the woman he left behind now feels. The way the townspeople have problems with one another and some have been cast off as petty and unimportant in this time of chaos, while other problems are only exacerbated by the situation.

The shows about the relationships, not the bombs.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    The shows about the relationships, not the bombs.
    Agree 100%.

Hawkins' transformation from cold-outsider to adopting Jericho as his home. He even puts his carear on the line (such as it was) to help defend the town.

Jake (Ulrich) journey home and reunion with his father. Erics dealing with the wife he left, and subsequenlty her death.

Constantino's obvious manuvers to make Jericho the fall-guy to justify attacking them. The relationship between Constantino and Jericho's mayor. The mayor's transformation from overwhelmed wimp to a dealing with the reality of the situation.

There's a bunch more sub-plots going on, but that's some of the more interesting ones to me. The bombs and fighting are mearly a vechile for the charicters and development.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-25-2007 at 11:11 AM.

I'm a big fan of Jerricho.

Oh wait...

ima huge fan of Jericho...who is also returning....which is what i thought this topic was about
    >_>
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

I'm a really big fan of Jericho. I was not one of the fans who were sending nuts, but I followed the campage pretty closely and did send a few letters. Hopefully, the show returns with better ratings. CBS pretty much admitted they mismanaged the show by taking a such a long break in the middle of the season and then putting the show right up against American Idol.

For anyone who missed it last season, you can still watch the entire 1st season by visiting http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyRedsFan View Post

ima huge fan of Jericho...who is also returning....which is what i thought this topic was about
    >_>
    You beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So how's everyone liking the new season of Jericho? I'm not sold on the changes that have been made. If I'd known it was going to be retooled so much, I think I would have not been in favor of bringing it back.
    /r/reds

Retooled? What do you mean?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Retooled? What do you mean?
    The permanent cast has been trimmed down to 7. The drama is now centered on political intrigue with the national government rather than relations between the locals. Electricity and running water have been restored, which took most of the challenge out of daily life.

I'd call that a significant retooling.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    The permanent cast has been trimmed down to 7. The drama is now centered on political intrigue with the national government rather than relations between the locals. Electricity and running water have been restored, which took most of the challenge out of daily life.

I'd call that a significant retooling.
    I agree that we've seen a significant retooling, but consindering that the show has been re-upped for only a finite number of episodes, I expected the kind of quick evolution we're seeing. Had the show been guaranteed four to five seasons, I'd expect the kind of slower progression we'd both appreciate. But without that guarantee, I'd suggest that the current season began much closer to the series' finishing point as seen from the writers' and producers' perspective.

I'd definitely like to see the kind of evolution from this series that you would, but when a series is cancelled and then only gets re-upped due to nothing but maniacal fan support (and I was one of the folks who sent nuts), the creative staff will plan for closure first and extention second.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

We completely missed the first season, but have been watching it on the Sci Fi channel since they started at the beginning three or four weeks ago, and have been watching the current season on CBS at the same time. We're getting hooked.

Attack Cat!

The current commitment is for 8 shows. There are two endings, one if the show is cancelled after the 8th show, another if it is picked up for a full season.

I'm a fan, so I hope it's the latter, but given the ratings on the first two episodes, I fear we'll only get these 8 shows.

Turn Off Ads?