Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Daly misses Bay Hill tee time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

John Daly misses Bay Hill tee time

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/..._bay_hill_daly
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Re: John Daly misses Bay Hill tee time

Somebody get this man a reality show.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    He used to have one on the Golf Channel.

Well according to some loon on FSN radio Daly is better for golf then Tiger Woods because he's more of a story.
    Go Gators!

John Daly - Grip it and Tip it. =)

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Daly has had multiple interventions and refuses to change his lifestyle. He isn't going have much more life to go through or many more opportunities to play in tournaments if he doesn't make some changes.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Daly has had multiple interventions and refuses to change his lifestyle. He isn't going have much more life to go through or many more opportunities to play in tournaments if he doesn't make some changes.
    Daly still has yet to hit rock bottom. And, as he's already a millionaire, and will continue to make money by accepting invitations to tournaments, I don't see rock bottom in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Daly still has yet to hit rock bottom. And, as he's already a millionaire, and will continue to make money by accepting invitations to tournaments, I don't see rock bottom in the foreseeable future.
    It's unfortunate, but Daly will likely die before he ever hits rock bottom.

It's unfortunate, but Daly will likely die before he ever hits rock bottom.
    Let's not get carried away here. Is Daly an alcoholic? Yes. Is it going to ruin any personal relationships he has with friends and family? There's a good chance. Will it cost him his life? Most likely not.

Indeed, Daly is an alcoholic. But there are millions of alcoholics around the United States today. Unfortunately it's a very common disease that leads to many calamitous endings. But direct death due to alcoholism is usually not one of those endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Let's not get carried away here. Is Daly an alcoholic? Yes. Is it going to ruin any personal relationships he has with friends and family? There's a good chance. Will it cost him his life? Most likely not.

Indeed, Daly is an alcoholic. But there are millions of alcoholics around the United States today. Unfortunately it's a very common disease that leads to many calamitous endings. But direct death due to alcoholism is usually not one of those endings.
    The man is a heart attack waiting to happen. He's obese, he drinks like a fish, and smokes like a chimney.

He's the Chris Farley of golf.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

In his defense, he was given the wrong tee time for his Pro-Am round. He was given his tee time for Round 1, and showed up at that time for the Pro-Am, which was incorrect.

Imada and O'Hern also missed their tee times for the Pro-Am due to the same mix up, but no one's making a big deal about them.

John Daly may very well be his own worst enemy, but I can't help but root for the guy week to week. He has one of the best short games I've ever seen, some of the softest hands (which lead to great touch), and he's been a hell of a great guy to me the times I've been in his company. John Daly's biggest problem is he wants to please everyone, and in the process can't even please himself.

JD needs to worry about #1 for a little while, and he'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    In his defense, he was given the wrong tee time for his Pro-Am round. He was given his tee time for Round 1, and showed up at that time for the Pro-Am, which was incorrect.

Imada and O'Hern also missed their tee times for the Pro-Am due to the same mix up, but no one's making a big deal about them.

John Daly may very well be his own worst enemy, but I can't help but root for the guy week to week. He has one of the best short games I've ever seen, some of the softest hands (which lead to great touch), and he's been a hell of a great guy to me the times I've been in his company. John Daly's biggest problem is he wants to please everyone, and in the process can't even please himself.

JD needs to worry about #1 for a little while, and he'll be just fine.
    It is decent of you to defend Daly, who I agree seems to be a friendly, approachable guy. Even though I'm not a fan of his swing, I also root for him to do well.

Makes me think of Mitch Hedburg... alcholism is the only disease you can get yelled at for having

I've been in Daly's Winnebago at West Orange CC. That's gotta count for something, right?

Seriously, Daly is a good dude, but his priorities are all screwed up. Butch calling him out might do him some good. Who knows? Daly has had as many ups and downs as the stock market this year, I just hope he gets it figured out before it gets the best of him. Good luck John!!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?