Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Download Connection Speeds

Re: Download Connection Speeds

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    So if I got a 400 on the site I put, does that mean that I'm over the 768 kbps needed for espn360?
    To my very limited knowledge...I think so. Try one of the other sites. See what you get just for laughs and get back with us. Seems to me that the CNET site is the most bogus. Try another.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    To my very limited knowledge...I think so. Try one of the other sites. See what you get just for laughs and get back with us. Seems to me that the CNET site is the most bogus. Try another.
    Well, I went back through the FAQ, and found that my computer doesn't have the needed hard drive space needed. This thing is junk anyway. I guess that's the next thing I have to shell out money for...
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Springfield, you said that you don't experience such variances. I'd be curious if you tested those 4 sites in succession if you got fairly similar numbers 'cause I sure can't. I have a computer at work and two at home. I've used high speed servers and AOL servers and these numbers are all over the board for me.
    I could not get the bandplace to work so I tried the rest and added a couple more.

speakeasy.net
    Chicago and DC
    http://tech.msn.com/speedtest.aspx
    Cnet site direct
    dslreports.com/stest
    Forgot the name of this one

6 tests 2:01 a.m. Varied only 10 kbps between the high and low

Also your lines at work might be much faster than your residential lines.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I could not get the bandplace to work so I tried the rest and added a couple more.

speakeasy.net
    Chicago and DC
    http://tech.msn.com/speedtest.aspx
    Cnet site direct
    dslreports.com/stest
    Forgot the name of this one

6 tests 2:01 a.m. Varied only 10 kbps between the high and low

Also your lines at work might be much faster than your residential lines.

My dialup lines varied about 10 kbps but high speed varied much more.

Turn Off Ads?