Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubs Fans

Cubs Fans

A Cubs fan asked what people had against the Cubs...

This was what I said:

I've got something against the Cubs, their fans are rude, crude, obnoxious, ignorant, and nasiating. They invade GAB EVERY summer! They cheer and brag as if the Cubs are the greatest franchise ever. They are not even close...Yankees=26 titles, Cards=10 titles, A's=9 titles, Dodgers=6 titles, Reds=5 titles, the Pirates, even the lowly Pirates have 5 titles! The Cubs suck with a passion and stand for Completely Useless By Summer! I hate that team and I hope I can look into Wrigley Field this year and see pathetic losers weeping their pathetic eyes out when the Cubs lose to either the Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, D-Backs, or even the Reds in the playoffs. I still laugh hysterically every time I see that clip of Game 6 in 2003 when the Marlins came back and beat the Cubs and Cubs fans were crying in the stands like little baby girls!

Does anyone think I was too harsh?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs Fans

Not at all. I was at GABP this last summer, for the last series against the Cubs at home, and everyone of them was bad mouthing everyone who wasn't in a Cubs uni, cussing even. And they were ALL singing that dumb @$$ song about the Cubs going all the way...
    Let's make some noise!

Yep...pretty much sums up my thinking. I have a good friend from Chicago, but thankfully he's a ChiSox fan. Every time the Cubs and Reds play, he either calls or texts me expressing his hope of a Reds win.

He's a closet Reds fan too...because of me, haha.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

They've created a culture of losing. So they brag about how devoted they are when they lose. It's not the losing part, but the.. acting like they are the best fans because they are fans of a team that loses. Them acting like the Cubs are the best team to exist in every aspect of baseball is also part of that. Instead of just saying they like the team, they say the Cubs are so much better than any other team. The real "casual" fans automatically think they are hardcore fans because they support a losing team. After the 2003 series, I know many people who because Cubs fans because they were "underdogs" and wanted the team to win. It's a fad to be a Cubs fan, and those people are not "true" MLB fans. Then the "real" Cubs fans are detestable because they say how great they are for liking a losing team.

being a bengals fan, i do admire fans that stick by their team when it's such a tough thing to do year after year, however, cubs fans are just obnoxious.

The only Cubs-Reds game that I attended last year was Opening Day. Of course, seated directly behind me was the classic Cubs' fan. He had to give us the play-by-play the whole game (make that until he left). He started out talking about the "Great Cubs". Then, they fell behind & I would swear that Ron Santo was sitting behind me. It was great.........listening to a grown man cry. As I always say......."The only thing wrong with Wrigley Field is it's full of Cub Fans."

I was at the last series with the Cubs, and I must say the ones that sat in front of me and my family were horrible. F this and F that. I had a 1 and half year old with me, and they still wouldn't shut up. Finally, when Joey Votto blasted a 3 run shot and the Reds ended up winning, I made sure to let them know about it.

Cubs fans bring out the worst in me. The last series in GABP last season my mouth was writing checks that my butt would have been more than willing to try and cash until the group I was with (mostly my girlfriend) told me to shut up. The Cubs fans were being their usual, obnoxious selves, clamoring on about how awesome they are and how they were going all the way. I very bluntly let them know that the Cubs were in-fact garbage and that they would get destroyed in the playoffs, if they even made it in. The language used was colorful and much fun was had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    Not at all. I was at GABP this last summer, for the last series against the Cubs at home, and everyone of them was bad mouthing everyone who wasn't in a Cubs uni, cussing even. And they were ALL singing that dumb @$$ song about the Cubs going all the way...
    Oh Gawd, I was there for that too. I was sitting in right field with my friend, surrounded by a sea of blue. We were at the game right after they clinched their playoff spot and the cheers that erupted when the Cubs took the field was disgusting. My friend and I quickly made our way out to get some alcohol. There was no way we could have survived that game without it. Even standing in line there were too other girls that looked at us and snickered and made some comment about the Reds sucking. Fortunately there were two guys in front of us who said something to the effect of, "Yeah, the Reds may suck this year, but at least we have good looking female fans. None of ours look like men!" It was awesome.

If I recall (I've tried to suppress most of that experience from my memory), there was more than one home run hit by the Cubs that day and their fans went on about it for the next 2 innings after each was hit. I finally got to the point in the late innings when they continued to start their cheers about how the game was already over, I congratulated them on their team being able to be our AAA team as several of the young guys played that day.

So, to answer the quote
    Quote Originally Posted by will5979
    Does anyone think I was too harsh?
    Hell no! They deserve EVERYTHING they get.

Quote Originally Posted by scounts22 View Post
    Oh Gawd, I was there for that too. I was sitting in right field with my friend, surrounded by a sea of blue. We were at the game right after they clinched their playoff spot and the cheers that erupted when the Cubs took the field was disgusting. My friend and I quickly made our way out to get some alcohol. There was no way we could have survived that game without it. Even standing in line there were too other girls that looked at us and snickered and made some comment about the Reds sucking. Fortunately there were two guys in front of us who said something to the effect of, "Yeah, the Reds may suck this year, but at least we have good looking female fans. None of ours look like men!" It was awesome.

If I recall (I've tried to suppress most of that experience from my memory), there was more than one home run hit by the Cubs that day and their fans went on about it for the next 2 innings after each was hit. I finally got to the point in the late innings when they continued to start their cheers about how the game was already over, I congratulated them on their team being able to be our AAA team as several of the young guys played that day.

So, to answer the quote

Hell no! They deserve EVERYTHING they get.
    Very nice!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

My friend and I were at one of those last games with the Cubs last year and it was the most miserable I've ever been at a Reds game. The Cubs fans were totally obnoxious and even my friend, who is pretty laid back and not a hardcore baseball fan at all, wasn't taking it well. The language was awful and there were tons of kids around us hearing it. We were sitting up in the bleachers so we were surrounded by Cubs fans. It was awful. As soon as the game was over, I was actually relieved because it meant we were one day closer to the season being over and the Cubs fans leaving Cincy.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Try having some as co-workers....i told them the Cubs need a special jersey patch this year....with a big L and the script 100 years of losing!!
    Reds fan since 1970

I had a little fun with a couple of them in Sarasota last year. I was down there for Spring training, and they were staying in the same hotel. One night they came back drunk, and I started pushing their buttons. Even they laughed some. It's not all bad.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

The problem of sitting near Cubs' fans can be pre-empted by purchasing tickets in parts of the stadium where Reds fans sit.
    If you buy bleacher tickets, you have a pretty good chance that you will sit near a fan of the opposing team. Then you have to rely on their code of behavior being acceptable (which does not appear to happen with Cubs fans) - because there are also an insufficient number of ushers to control bad nbehavior in the bleachers.
    Simply put, there is a lot of boorish behavior around and bleachers at a baseball game seem to attract characters who pride themselves on that type of behavior.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    A Cubs fan asked what people had against the Cubs...

This was what I said:

I've got something against the Cubs, their fans are rude, crude, obnoxious, ignorant, and nasiating. They invade GAB EVERY summer!
    As far as, the cubs fans showing up, tis true.
    I will add though, if if you watch, it isnt just cincy.They play at ATL,same way.Stl still lots of cubs fans.Even Houston and other places.
    So while we may not like how they seem to come in groves, they do it in other cities.
    That being said, I really took a dislike to them the year Farnsworth beat up on Wilson, then the excuses with the Bartman thing and so on.
    They are just one team I do not like and love it every time the reds beat them.

Turn Off Ads?