Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lohse a Cardinal

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Lohse a Cardinal

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    That damn guy is an evil genious or something.
    He's the ONLY reason I can see Lohse having a better year than his typical numbers would indicate....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    He's the ONLY reason I can see Lohse having a better year than his typical numbers would indicate....
    Well...that and three little letters...

HINT: P.E.D.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    That damn guy is an evil genious or something.
    My first thought as well. Darth Duncan will fix KL and he'll screw the Reds out of 3-4 wins this season
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    FYI - Fogg can be cut. He gets paid ~$100K for spring training and if he doesn't make the team the rest of his $1M salary does not get paid.
    Is there a link that exists for that? If so, very interesting. Especially with the kids doing well in ST. I can't envision the Reds actually doing that, though.

I doubt even Duncan can turn this head case around. Let's face it his attitude problem is the real reason he was still sitting at home on March 13. I can't wait to see Lohse and Larussa go at it for the first time, that is what will be really priceless.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I would not be surprised if Duncan did help him. Duncan seems to be a real instructor or pitching coach that actually helps improve the individual vs being a coach that gets the gig through the pipeline or network.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    priceless.

last year everyone was screaming how badly Lohse sucked.

edit: that doesn;t mean that you TRF or Wilymorocks, or anyone else in this thread, really were the ones screaming.
    I screamed when the Reds acquired him. I liked the move if it was for the pen, but he performed well enough as a starter.

He's infuriating to watch though. tons of talent and no idea of how to use it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I doubt even Duncan can turn this head case around. Let's face it his attitude problem is the real reason he was still sitting at home on March 13. I can't wait to see Lohse and Larussa go at it for the first time, that is what will be really priceless.

Or, maybe because it's LaRussa who is his manager instead of a guy lke Narron, he'll listen a bit more. Of course he didn't get along with TK in MIN. I'm guessing we wn't see much difference. Good Kyle one day and Bad Kyle the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I doubt even Duncan can turn this head case around...
    Other head cases like Tomko, Ponson, and Weaver all had ERA's over 5.00 while with Dave Duncan.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    FYI - Fogg can be cut. He gets paid ~$100K for spring training and if he doesn't make the team the rest of his $1M salary does not get paid.
    Exactly. And at the time we signed Fogg, Lohse was still holding out and demanding big money and a multi-year deal.

He has since, since no one was calling, lowered his demands.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Is there a link that exists for that? If so, very interesting. Especially with the kids doing well in ST. I can't envision the Reds actually doing that, though.
    I don't have a link. A knowledgable coworker told me this yesterday & I thought it odd. Then C Trent said it on 1530 today.

Rotoworld says it's a 1 yr 4.25 Mil. deal

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Remember folk on this board (including me) thinking Lohse would fetch anywhere from 3 yrs/21M in FA?

I didn't realize Fogg could be cut. GAC makes a good point. I guess we did okay with Fogg. I just think Lohse will be solid in STL and I really was hoping we copuld benefit when he puts it all together.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

It's funny how smart Duncan was in "fixing" pitchers when the Cards boasted superb fielding and great hitting.

Suddenly,the great fielding is gone, the Cards can't hit, and guys like Wells,Reyes and Maroth lose, lose and lose some more.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    It's funny how smart Duncan was in "fixing" pitchers when the Cards boasted superb fielding and great hitting.

Suddenly,the great fielding is gone, the Cards can't hit, and guys like Wells,Reyes and Maroth lose, lose and lose some more.
    Agree completely. Nothing in baseball is overlooked as much as a great fielding team. Without a tidy stat that is proven it's something people just don't talk enough about. It changes EVERYTHING. It changes a pitchers confidence and that alone is huge.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?