Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: Lohse a Cardinal

  1. #46
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,791

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    This morning on "Mike and Mike" Buster Olney called Lohse "the biggest loser in FA" relating Lohse went from turning down 3 for $30 M with the Phils and settled for this...he also interestingly mentioned Lohse was considering firing Boras last week and that he (Olney) isn't sure who negotiated this contract with the Cardinals...I found that interesting
    I have a feeling Boras might be on his way out with how he handled Kenny Rogers, Arod, Sheffield and now what you said above. That can't be good for business.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,791

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    sorry
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

  4. #48
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Lohse is serviceable. Perfect fit for the desperate Cardinals. The Reds are not that desperate. (I hope)
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  5. #49
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    I have a feeling Boras might be on his way out with how he handled Kenny Rogers, Arod, Sheffield and now what you said above. That can't be good for business.
    That could serve as a really good thing for Baseball in general, IMO.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  6. #50
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,434

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I was really hoping the Cards would sign Eric Milton.
    They still have plenty of time to do that.

  7. #51
    Member blumj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Northern MA
    Posts
    4,600

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    I have a feeling Boras might be on his way out with how he handled Kenny Rogers, Arod, Sheffield and now what you said above. That can't be good for business.
    He just added Manny Ramirez. Things can't be too bad.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

  8. #52
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,681

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    He just added Manny Ramirez. Things can't be too bad.
    That's just Manny being Manny.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  9. #53
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,346

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    That's just Manny being Manny.

    Yeah. Manny may dump him next week.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  10. #54
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,617

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Glad it wasn't the Reds
    Go Gators!

  11. #55
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    This morning on "Mike and Mike" Buster Olney called Lohse "the biggest loser in FA" relating Lohse went from turning down 3 for $30 M with the Phils and settled for this...he also interestingly mentioned Lohse was considering firing Boras last week and that he (Olney) isn't sure who negotiated this contract with the Cardinals...I found that interesting
    Berry, berry eentahresting.

  12. #56
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    20,932

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    I have a feeling Boras might be on his way out with how he handled Kenny Rogers, Arod, Sheffield and now what you said above. That can't be good for business.
    I think Boras is here to stay as long as he wants to.

    The owners basically had a mini-collusion this year. They were smarter about it this time, by lowballing only the bad/mediocre players instead of shunning the superstars. Remember when Lance Parris was still unsigned at spring training and settled for a very low offer.. that was obvious collusion. This collusion isn't so obvious, but I will say it's not a coincidence that after last season's free spending, suddenly all the owners got fiscally tight.

    Boras will adjust to the new marketplace or the union will bust the owners on collusion again, although this time, it will be harder to prove.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

  13. #57
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,346

    Re: Lohse a Cardinal

    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I think Boras is here to stay as long as he wants to.

    The owners basically had a mini-collusion this year. They were smarter about it this time, by lowballing only the bad/mediocre players instead of shunning the superstars. Remember when Lance Parris was still unsigned at spring training and settled for a very low offer.. that was obvious collusion. This collusion isn't so obvious, but I will say it's not a coincidence that after last season's free spending, suddenly all the owners got fiscally tight.

    Boras will adjust to the new marketplace or the union will bust the owners on collusion again, although this time, it will be harder to prove.
    That's not collusion. That's common sense. It's a free market and it works both ways. Owners don't have to fall over each other offering every jabronie 3 years $30M if they don't want to.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25