Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lohse a Cardinal

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Lohse a Cardinal

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    This morning on "Mike and Mike" Buster Olney called Lohse "the biggest loser in FA" relating Lohse went from turning down 3 for $30 M with the Phils and settled for this...he also interestingly mentioned Lohse was considering firing Boras last week and that he (Olney) isn't sure who negotiated this contract with the Cardinals...I found that interesting
    I have a feeling Boras might be on his way out with how he handled Kenny Rogers, Arod, Sheffield and now what you said above. That can't be good for business.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

sorry
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Lohse is serviceable. Perfect fit for the desperate Cardinals. The Reds are not that desperate. (I hope)
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    I have a feeling Boras might be on his way out with how he handled Kenny Rogers, Arod, Sheffield and now what you said above. That can't be good for business.
    That could serve as a really good thing for Baseball in general, IMO.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I was really hoping the Cards would sign Eric Milton.
    They still have plenty of time to do that.

He just added Manny Ramirez. Things can't be too bad.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    He just added Manny Ramirez. Things can't be too bad.
    That's just Manny being Manny.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    That's just Manny being Manny.

Yeah. Manny may dump him next week.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Glad it wasn't the Reds
    Go Gators!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    This morning on "Mike and Mike" Buster Olney called Lohse "the biggest loser in FA" relating Lohse went from turning down 3 for $30 M with the Phils and settled for this...he also interestingly mentioned Lohse was considering firing Boras last week and that he (Olney) isn't sure who negotiated this contract with the Cardinals...I found that interesting
    Berry, berry eentahresting.

I think Boras is here to stay as long as he wants to.

The owners basically had a mini-collusion this year. They were smarter about it this time, by lowballing only the bad/mediocre players instead of shunning the superstars. Remember when Lance Parris was still unsigned at spring training and settled for a very low offer.. that was obvious collusion. This collusion isn't so obvious, but I will say it's not a coincidence that after last season's free spending, suddenly all the owners got fiscally tight.

Boras will adjust to the new marketplace or the union will bust the owners on collusion again, although this time, it will be harder to prove.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I think Boras is here to stay as long as he wants to.

The owners basically had a mini-collusion this year. They were smarter about it this time, by lowballing only the bad/mediocre players instead of shunning the superstars. Remember when Lance Parris was still unsigned at spring training and settled for a very low offer.. that was obvious collusion. This collusion isn't so obvious, but I will say it's not a coincidence that after last season's free spending, suddenly all the owners got fiscally tight.

Boras will adjust to the new marketplace or the union will bust the owners on collusion again, although this time, it will be harder to prove.
    That's not collusion. That's common sense. It's a free market and it works both ways. Owners don't have to fall over each other offering every jabronie 3 years $30M if they don't want to.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?