(from Org Post):
I am suprised no one has posted this. I caught C trent on 1530 the afternoon. From memory:
1. There is 'no way' Jay Bruce starts the season in Cincinnati. No way. Get over it. Move on. He plays 2-8 weeks in AAA.
2. Bray looked good last night. He had some 'pop' on his fastball.
3. Some cuts after fridays games
4. Cueto was awesome last night
5. Reds seem to be showcasing Hat
6. Unless Affeldt pitches great tonight he'll for sure be in the bullpen opening day
IMO, 3 and 4 are no-brainers/no value-add.
6 pretty much the same, and after last night, he's in the BP IMO. His rotation job optoins were expired last night.
5 is interesting. I wonder if anything will transpire there. And for what - a catcher maybe?
2 is more interesting, and more hopeful. Bray is money, and as a left-hander would be awesome. Couple that with Affeldt likely to the pen, and WHOM from Stanton, Mercker, and the young guns gets the boot. We can't keep 4 lefties in the bullpen (can we?).
1 is the most interesting. While a lot of us fans have assumed this, this is the first I've seen any media types actually putting it so bluntly and with the details such as timeframes. Educated Guess or Media Fodder? Inside Info or New Guy Blowing Smoke? Regardless, I think he's right, but I'm not sure 2-8 weeks is accurate, more like 2-3 months IMO. I think they wait until/if KGJ gets injured before they move him up. Maybe if we are in the race, we bring him in to spark, IFF he's beating down the door in AAA, but at a minimum we won't do it until it's assured that it saves us a full year on his ARB clock. It also puts the .01% into my 99.99% probability that Corey F. Patterson is the opening Day CF-er and lead-off guy.