Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minor league box scores

Ya can't teach speed...

Minor league box scores

anyone know where to find minor league box scores?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor league box scores

milb.com

Ya can't teach speed...

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatfan24 View Post
    milb.com
    I meant for spring training games. I should have been clearer. If the spring training box scores are on MILB.com I certainly can't find them.

You won't see any. Not sure they even keep them. They play fast and loose with the rules during ST. For example, one game I went to they had Bailey come up the plate every time they got a guy on first and less than 2 outs so they could work on his bunting. (and he wasn't pitching)

Best you can do is catch recaps at the club or newspaper sites.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

FWIW, I went to minor league camp today to see intrasquad games. Stubbs went 2-4 with 2 opposite field homers (one was hit off Pelland). Also, In the other game featuring younger players, Todd Frazier hit a missile over the left field fence.

Devin Mesoraco was on the bench but did not play.

and to answer the initial question, like JaxRed stated, you may find some good write-ups on the Dayton Dragons website (I found some last spring).
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

Cool, UGA. Thanks for the report!

Yeah, thanks a bunch UGA.

It's great to see Stubbs hitting the ball with authority even if it's intersquad games. Hopefully he can carry his second half success of 2007 over into the 2008 season. The way Baseball America talked, if he were to do that he would jump into the top 25 prospects in the game or so.

Also nice to see Todd Frazier already smoking the ball. I like his bat a lot, he's going to be the next big bat to come through the Reds organization IMO.

Thanks again, UGA. Please keep us updated as much as you can.

Oops, forgot one thing. I read on Doug's website that apparently Devin Mesoraco is impressing everyone with his bat so far.

Drew Stubbs was also choking up on the bat, as all the Dayton players did at the end of last season.

The ball jumps off of Juan Francisco's bat, and he had a broken-bat double against the Yanks on Friday.

Nobody made decent contact off of Josh Roenicke, Pedro Viola or Daryl Thompson in the game vs. the Yanks.

Pelland only threw high 80's on the gun I saw, but another gun used later in the game had higher readings by about 2 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10 View Post
    Drew Stubbs was also choking up on the bat, as all the Dayton players did at the end of last season.
    That was supposedly what made him hit for a better average later in the season. That and he got healthy. I don't see why people bash him as a bad hitter, it's just that he's streaky. You can see that talent occasionally, like you did at the end of last year.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Matt Maloney pitched three scoreless innings on Sunday for the Bats with three strikeouts and only two hits.

In yesterday's game, Chris Dickerson and Paul Janish each had two hits.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    That was supposedly what made him hit for a better average later in the season. That and he got healthy. I don't see why people bash him as a bad hitter, it's just that he's streaky. You can see that talent occasionally, like you did at the end of last year.
    Not to turn this into another Stubbs debate, but he's bashed sometimes because it's not expected for a experienced college hitter to have a prolonged slump like he did in a low A league. I don't think anyboody argues against the raw talent he has.

Bruce, Stubbs, Griffey OF in 09?

Kidding folks.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Bruce, Stubbs, Griffey OF in 09?

Kidding folks.
    Freel, Patterson, Hopper

Dorn, Gil, Bruce

The Bats tied today at 3-3.

Drew Stubbs and Paul Janish had two more hits. Adam Rosales went 3-for-4 with a double, triple, and two RBI.

Turn Off Ads?