Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: ST Musings....

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,362

    ST Musings....

    1) As I suggested earlier, my take on the rotation is still

    Harang,
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Volquez
    Fogg

    2) Belisle, Affeldt, Shoenweiss and Malony have been awful; if not
    some substantial improvement, imo, the first three will suffer the same fate as the latter before 4/1

    3) The kids
    a. saw another perfect inning from Josh R., 0.00 for the spring
    b. P. Viola suprised today, not by his 1-2-3 but by his mound
    presence....K'ed the yankee gentleman from Japan with a sweet change. We'll be hearing more from this dude, soon.
    c. D.Thompson looked v, v impressive...did not K the side like he did in his last appearance, but he made his job look like child's play...I really, really like him. It's like he's saying, "If johnny can, so can I..."
    d.He got a hit today, but JV will have to get red hot to make the club out of ST, no matter how hot he was last Sept....He's just not the same.....
    e. Same for Bruce..he got 2 singles today, but he's still behind other hitters from his early hammy flareup....

    4) the pen
    a. Merker looks 30 not 40, he will be in the bigs somewhere this year
    b. B Salmon bb, k, k, k, today...
    c.The ex-Red from Bowden's era, whose name escapes me right now, pitched pretty well, in relief, against the Phillies last night...

    5)Name 2 Reds who weigh 270 or more...
    Dunn and???


    more l8r
    The happiest people don't need the best of every-thing; they make the best of everything they have.
    ---
    'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
    but how to dance in the rain.'
    ---

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Topcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,934

    Re: ST Musings....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ga_Red View Post
    1) As I suggested earlier, my take on the rotation is still

    Harang,
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Volquez
    Fogg

    2) Belisle, Affeldt, Shoenweiss and Malony have been awful; if not
    some substantial improvement, imo, the first three will suffer the same fate as the latter before 4/1

    3) The kids
    a. saw another perfect inning from Josh R., 0.00 for the spring
    b. P. Viola suprised today, not by his 1-2-3 but by his mound
    presence....K'ed the yankee gentleman from Japan with a sweet change. We'll be hearing more from this dude, soon.
    c. D.Thompson looked v, v impressive...did not K the side like he did in his last appearance, but he made his job look like child's play...I really, really like him. It's like he's saying, "If johnny can, so can I..."
    d.He got a hit today, but JV will have to get red hot to make the club out of ST, no matter how hot he was last Sept....He's just not the same.....
    e. Same for Bruce..he got 2 singles today, but he's still behind other hitters from his early hammy flareup....

    4) the pen
    a. Merker looks 30 not 40, he will be in the bigs somewhere this year
    b. B Salmon bb, k, k, k, today...
    c.The ex-Red from Bowden's era, whose name escapes me right now, pitched pretty well, in relief, against the Phillies last night...

    5)Name 2 Reds who weigh 270 or more...
    Dunn and???


    more l8r


    5)Name 2 Reds who weigh 270 or more...
    Dunn and???

    My bet is Javy Valentin or Todd Coffey due to fact at his height he could carry that weight.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

  4. #3
    Moderator RedlegJake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Kansas City, Mo
    Posts
    5,684

    Re: ST Musings....

    Dunn and Capellan

  5. #4
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,141

    Re: ST Musings....

    2) Belisle, Affeldt, Shoenweiss and Malony have been awful; if not
    some substantial improvement, imo, the first three will suffer the same fate as the latter before 4/1
    Schoenweiss? I thought he was with the Mets now. I wracking my brain to think of who you mean.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

    The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

    The Baseball Bookstore

    http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

  6. #5
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: ST Musings....

    Harang's the same size as Dunn. He might even be an inch taller.

    It wouldn't surprise me if Harang was 275.

  7. #6
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: ST Musings....

    Looking an updated pictures of Dunn and seeing him on TV the other night, I doubt he even weighs 275 now. I'd say he's more in the 255 area now.

  8. #7
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,541

    Re: ST Musings....

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Looking an updated pictures of Dunn and seeing him on TV the other night, I doubt he even weighs 275 now. I'd say he's more in the 255 area now.
    If that's the case then he lost a lot of weight since 2007. I haven't read that he's been on Jenny Craig or anything

  9. #8
    Roster glue
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    521

    Re: ST Musings....

    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Schoenweiss? I thought he was with the Mets now. I wracking my brain to think of who you mean.
    Maybe Sauerbeck? Both LHP veterans with slightly lengthy "s" names...and Sauerbeck hasn't looked good from everything I have read.

  10. #9
    "Let's Roll" TeamBoone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,841

    Re: ST Musings....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If that's the case then he lost a lot of weight since 2007. I haven't read that he's been on Jenny Craig or anything
    I don't think they report how the guys lose weight. But just looking at him, you can tell that he has. I wouldn't hazard a guess at how much though.

    All he would have to do to lose 15-20 pounds over the off season is eat healthier and exercise more.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

  11. #10
    Haunted by walks
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    6,594

    Re: ST Musings....

    The amazing thing is that Big Klu only weighed 225.

    But it was all in his forearms.

  12. #11
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,601

    Re: ST Musings....

    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The amazing thing is that Big Klu only weighed 225.

    But it was all in his forearms.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: ST Musings....

    RedlegJake got it right....Dunn and the new rule 5 pitcher...
    Dunn.taller, harder...Cappy 2 inches shorter and chubby, to be nice about it....
    The happiest people don't need the best of every-thing; they make the best of everything they have.
    ---
    'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
    but how to dance in the rain.'
    ---

  14. #13
    Member redsrule2500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,202

    Re: ST Musings....

    Sauerbeck looked even worse today, according the box score....
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25