ST Musings....

1) As I suggested earlier, my take on the rotation is still

Harang,
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Volquez
    Fogg

2) Belisle, Affeldt, Shoenweiss and Malony have been awful; if not
    some substantial improvement, imo, the first three will suffer the same fate as the latter before 4/1

3) The kids
    a. saw another perfect inning from Josh R., 0.00 for the spring
    b. P. Viola suprised today, not by his 1-2-3 but by his mound
    presence....K'ed the yankee gentleman from Japan with a sweet change. We'll be hearing more from this dude, soon.
    c. D.Thompson looked v, v impressive...did not K the side like he did in his last appearance, but he made his job look like child's play...I really, really like him. It's like he's saying, "If johnny can, so can I..."
    d.He got a hit today, but JV will have to get red hot to make the club out of ST, no matter how hot he was last Sept....He's just not the same.....
    e. Same for Bruce..he got 2 singles today, but he's still behind other hitters from his early hammy flareup....

4) the pen
    a. Merker looks 30 not 40, he will be in the bigs somewhere this year
    b. B Salmon bb, k, k, k, today...
    c.The ex-Red from Bowden's era, whose name escapes me right now, pitched pretty well, in relief, against the Phillies last night...

5)Name 2 Reds who weigh 270 or more...
    Dunn and???

more l8r
    The happiest people don't need the best of every-thing; they make the best of everything they have.
    ---
    'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
    but how to dance in the rain.'
    ---

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ST Musings....

Quote Originally Posted by Ga_Red View Post
    1) As I suggested earlier, my take on the rotation is still

Harang,
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Volquez
    Fogg

some substantial improvement, imo, the first three will suffer the same fate as the latter before 4/1

3) The kids
    a. saw another perfect inning from Josh R., 0.00 for the spring
    b. P. Viola suprised today, not by his 1-2-3 but by his mound
    presence....K'ed the yankee gentleman from Japan with a sweet change. We'll be hearing more from this dude, soon.
    c. D.Thompson looked v, v impressive...did not K the side like he did in his last appearance, but he made his job look like child's play...I really, really like him. It's like he's saying, "If johnny can, so can I..."
    d.He got a hit today, but JV will have to get red hot to make the club out of ST, no matter how hot he was last Sept....He's just not the same.....
    e. Same for Bruce..he got 2 singles today, but he's still behind other hitters from his early hammy flareup....

4) the pen
    a. Merker looks 30 not 40, he will be in the bigs somewhere this year
    b. B Salmon bb, k, k, k, today...
    c.The ex-Red from Bowden's era, whose name escapes me right now, pitched pretty well, in relief, against the Phillies last night...

Dunn and???

more l8r

Dunn and???

My bet is Javy Valentin or Todd Coffey due to fact at his height he could carry that weight.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Dunn and Capellan

Schoenweiss? I thought he was with the Mets now. I wracking my brain to think of who you mean.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Harang's the same size as Dunn. He might even be an inch taller.

It wouldn't surprise me if Harang was 275.

Looking an updated pictures of Dunn and seeing him on TV the other night, I doubt he even weighs 275 now. I'd say he's more in the 255 area now.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Looking an updated pictures of Dunn and seeing him on TV the other night, I doubt he even weighs 275 now. I'd say he's more in the 255 area now.
    If that's the case then he lost a lot of weight since 2007. I haven't read that he's been on Jenny Craig or anything

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Schoenweiss? I thought he was with the Mets now. I wracking my brain to think of who you mean.
    Maybe Sauerbeck? Both LHP veterans with slightly lengthy "s" names...and Sauerbeck hasn't looked good from everything I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If that's the case then he lost a lot of weight since 2007. I haven't read that he's been on Jenny Craig or anything
    I don't think they report how the guys lose weight. But just looking at him, you can tell that he has. I wouldn't hazard a guess at how much though.

All he would have to do to lose 15-20 pounds over the off season is eat healthier and exercise more.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Haunted by walks

The amazing thing is that Big Klu only weighed 225.

But it was all in his forearms.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The amazing thing is that Big Klu only weighed 225.

But it was all in his forearms.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

RedlegJake got it right....Dunn and the new rule 5 pitcher...
    Dunn.taller, harder...Cappy 2 inches shorter and chubby, to be nice about it....
    The happiest people don't need the best of every-thing; they make the best of everything they have.
    ---
    'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
    but how to dance in the rain.'
    ---

Sauerbeck looked even worse today, according the box score....
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?