Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds option 2 to AAA, reassign one

Reds option 2 to AAA, reassign one

Reds option two, reassign one
    Janish, Dickerson and Lehr headed to Minors
    By Jim Molony / MLB.com

SARASOTA, Fla. -- The Reds optioned infielder Paul Janish and outfielder Chris Dickerson to Triple-A Louisville Friday and also reassigned right-handed pitcher Justin Lehr to Minor League camp.

Janish, 25, played in Friday's game against the New York Yankees and batted .200 (4-for-20) in 15 spring games.

Dickerson, 25, had appeared in 16 games and was hitting .233 (7-for-30) with a homer and four RBIs.

Lehr had not allowed a run in three games covering 3 1/3 innings. A 30-year-old non-roster invitee, Lehr had allowed two hits, no walks and had struck out three.

The moves left the Reds with 54 players in camp, counting pitcher Bobby Livingston, who is on the 60-day disabled list.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

My dream of Chris Dickerson being the Opening Day center fielder is now ended.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 03-15-2008 at 01:10 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds option 2 to AAA, reassign one

I still dream that Bobby Livingston will be the new Rick Krivda

got alil captain in u?

I kinda thought they might keep Janish around longer to compete with old manos de oros but i guess not.

AAA looks to be strong this year. Great arms and some studs in the field. Go Bats!

I honestly thought Janish would compete to be the Opening Day backup infielder. I guess the Reds are too cheap to dump Castro.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I wish there was some way to combine Keppinger and Janish into one player, but since that is not possible, unfortunately it appears that neither will ever be an every day short stop. Keppinger just doesn't appear to have the defensive talent and Janish doesn't look like he can hit his way out of a paper bag.

This wouldn't be too much of a concern until you consider that there is a very real chance that Castro could be a starting and batting second for the Reds after Corey Patterson on Opening Day

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I wish there was some way to combine Keppinger and Janish into one player, but since that is not possible, unfortunately it appears that neither will ever be an every day short stop. Keppinger just doesn't appear to have the defensive talent and Janish doesn't look like he can hit his way out of a paper bag.

This wouldn't be too much of a concern until you consider that there is a very real chance that Castro could be a starting and batting second for the Reds after Corey Patterson on Opening Day

Corey Patterson wasn't good enough for the Orioles.
    We have the #1 prospect in all of baseball that plays CF.
    We have a proven .300 hitter with a high OBP in Hopper.
    We have a proven spark plug in Freel.

Someone tell me why Corey Patterson is on this team?

I would really like to meet Dusty, and hit him in the face with a crow bar.

Maybe he isn't making the call on Stanton, Castro, and Mercker's presence on this team, but you had better bet that Patterson and Hairston were solely his decision.

I want to kill Corey Patterson and Jerry Hairston's HGH ass.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NDReds9 View Post
    Corey Patterson wasn't good enough for the Orioles.
    We have the #1 prospect in all of baseball that plays CF.
    We have a proven .300 hitter with a high OBP in Hopper.
    We have a proven spark plug in Freel.

Someone tell me why Corey Patterson is on this team?

I would really like to meet Dusty, and hit him in the face with a crow bar.

Maybe he isn't making the call on Stanton, Castro, and Mercker's presence on this team, but you had better bet that Patterson and Hairston were solely his decision.

I want to kill Corey Patterson and Jerry Hairston's HGH ass.
    That might be a little bit over the top. The reason Corey Patterson is here is for his defense. Both Hopper and Freel are fast, but take awful route on balls. I really would like to see if Freel can get back to his 2006 numbers, but 2007 just wasn't acceptable from a leadoff hitter.

I'm not too worried about Hairston. He is only here as a favor from Dusty to try to resurrect his career. I would be surprised if he gits an at-bat with the Reds this year.

Turn Off Ads?