Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Use The Rebate

How To Use The Rebate

As you may have heard the Bush Administration said each and every one of us would now get a nice rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will all go to India. If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will all go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala. If we purchase a good car it will all go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will all go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America, so the only way to keep that money here at home is to BUY BEER, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

The third pic from the left is a fridge magnet.
    Last edited by GAC; 03-15-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    3 Time CY Young winner

Re: How To Use The Rebate

What about Molson,LaBatts or Corona?

Just don't buy Miller Beer products; they are owned by SABMiller, a South African company.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I think I'll adopt and follow the Cyclone economic stimulus plan of cornering the market on all products Sam Adams and stocking up.

That helps the US, and helps Cincinnati, since most of that stuff is brewed in Cincinnati. A win-win, in my book.

I guess the checks are being mailed in early May. My wife said I can't buy beer with it, and that we're going to do our part to help out the economy and use it for vacation.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I think I'm going to buy a kegerator and fill it Christian Moerlein OTR to support Cincinnati. However, I don't think I'd ever leave the house if I did that.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I guess the checks are being mailed in early May. My wife said I can't buy beer with it, and that we're going to do our part to help out the economy and use it for vacation.
    I can get ya' a deal in Newport Beach if you'd like to take the kids to Disneyland!

Rem

So, they're going to send out separate rebate checks instead of combining it with your tax refund, or as a credit against what you owe?

Brilliant- I wonder what the overhead costs on that are?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

In that case, I've been helping the American economy every week for YEARS.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    So, they're going to send out separate rebate checks instead of combining it with your tax refund, or as a credit against what you owe?

Brilliant- I wonder what the overhead costs on that are?
    If it were a credit against what you might potentially owe, then it would defeat the purpose of economic stimulus.

The theory behind these rebates, as well as the ones that happened in 2001, is to put money in consumers hands to encourage them to spend money, aka stimulate the economy.

The amazing part of these rebates is the $42 Million wasted on the reminder letters for people to file their 2007 Federal Tax return.

The other reason they couldn't have combined the rebate with a potential refund check is that refund checks are cut typically within 6 weeks of the IRS receiving and processing your Federal Tax return. Some people filed in the beginning of February, and have already received their refund. The rebate checks aren't due out until beginning of May, at the earliest. Logistically, the rebate just couldn't have been combined with a refund. Great idea in theory, but unfortunately the practical application/execution is impossible.

I wonder how many people have already spent their rebate? Not just the ones who when it was announced who went out and spend the $600 but also the ones who took their tax returns into a check and go place and took out the money.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Just don't buy Miller Beer products; they are owned by SABMiller, a South African company.
    But made by union workers.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    But made by union workers.

How passe', get with the 21st Century.

Pay off debt, it's the only logical thing to do with it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Pay off debt, it's the only logical thing to do with it.
    I'm sure that's what a good majority of folks will do with it.

Turn Off Ads?