Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: If Corey Patterson is the OD starting centerfielder-It will be a crying shame!

Re: Corey Patterson...

Keppinger
    Dunn
    Phillips
    Griffey
    Encarnacion
    Votto
    Patterson
    PITCHER
    BAKO

Lets try it! Bottom of the lineup is already killing us.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd like to see him batting in front of the pitcher. If he gets on, the pitcher sacrifices him into scoring position. This would take advantage of his speed.

I think that it is funny that the two guys in the offense we all were worried about (Bako and Patterson) are producing more than most everyone else in the lineup (barring Keppinger of course). I will have to admit to eating crow for now on this one.

It really makes me sick when people on this board think they know it all. Obviously, Patterson is not a horrible player. I don't care what his career OBP or any other stat you find says. A great deal of what a player does can not be put into a math equation.

I also find the fascination with batting order amazing. Some of it may matter, i.e. getting your best batters the most at bats over the season and having players in position to help the most, but frankly most of the time it doesn't matter at all.

Patterson can get hits and steal bases - that's not a bad thing regardless of where he bats. He has done fine in the lead-off spot.

Also, Fogg has pitched three solid innings so far. He is not the joke that some of you make him out to be.

Re: If Corey Patterson is the OD starting centerfielder-It will be a crying shame!

Man, don't you just hate lead-off hitters who have three homers eight games into the season and both RBI in a game that ends 2-2 after 9 innings? Dusty is a joke for putting a guy who can get key hits, drive balls out of the park, steal bases and play great defense at the top of the line-up and in CF. I would much rather have two guys who primarily bunt to try to get on base even in close games. Guys who get injured running the bases and can't get to balls because they take bad routes.

What a joke this whole 8 games has been.

Sound familiar? Many of you were WRONG! Realize that you don't know it all and our team needs more fans than critics so join the club and drink the lemonade or go home.

Re: If Corey Patterson is the OD starting centerfielder-It will be a crying shame!

Hey I agree with you about Patterson and Fogg but if you don't like people being critics of the Reds then maybe you are on the wrong website. Forums and Message Boards are made for that stuff. We pay way too much money to see these guys and wear their clothes and spend way too much time in our lives watching them that we deserve to criticize this team when we don't like certain things that go on. Are any of always right, no. But don't you think that the people who pay the salaries of these teams should get to vent about their teams. Absolutely. We pay $4 dollars for hot dogs and $6 for beer and mucho dinero for season tickets and MLB extra innings and not even get to see your team have a winning season every year. I drink the lemonade that is Reds Fever every year, being that I continue to watch even when we lose 90+ games a year. We all do. I hated it when we traded Sean Casey and I admit I didn't like it when we signed Corey Patterson (as I wanted Bruce to play this year, or at least see Kenny Lofton in a Reds uniform). I deserve the right to voice my concern. If I am wrong, then I am wrong, but we all have the right to believe that. Never blindy follow anything in life. Always question your beliefs as it only makes you stronger.

Patterson, just got another double in the 8th of this Brewers game. Man he's on a roll. Right now it looks like he's looking pretty good.

Man this Corey Patterson guy stinks!!! I must say, at the time I was upset, but I never posted anything. Right now its working out pretty well.
    Last edited by OSUredsFAN; 04-09-2008 at 10:42 PM.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Kid is plain raking
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

The ESPN baseball guys were asked to give their craziest predictions for the year last week before the season began. One of the guys predicted that Patterson would hit 30 HRs.

I suppose it wasn't so crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan2008 View Post
    Can someone please fill me in on how the FA works for minor leaguers??? Someone said that keeping Bruce in AAA for 2 months mean we have him for another year. What exactly does this mean? Can someone please fill me in...
    As soon as someone is placed on a 25-man roster, the clock starts ticking toward free agency. By keeping him down now, it will be an additional year before Bruce reaches arbitration eligibility and, eventually, free agency.

Tampa Bay is doing a similar thing with a stud prospect, Evan Longoria.
    Patiently awaiting the Orioles' next winning season.

Quote Originally Posted by fugowitribe View Post
    Corey Patterson isn't that bad! The only bad thing about this situation is that We will not see Bruce on Opening Day, but IMO I think we are a better lineup with Patterson in CF. The leadoff spot is solved, and he is no worse than Bruce with the glove.
    I don't want to toot my own horn, but TOOT! TOOT! Just kidding, I didn't think CP had this much game.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Va Red Fan View Post
    It really makes me sick when people on this board think they know it all. Obviously, Patterson is not a horrible player. I don't care what his career OBP or any other stat you find says. A great deal of what a player does can not be put into a math equation.

I also find the fascination with batting order amazing. Some of it may matter, i.e. getting your best batters the most at bats over the season and having players in position to help the most, but frankly most of the time it doesn't matter at all.

Patterson can get hits and steal bases - that's not a bad thing regardless of where he bats. He has done fine in the lead-off spot.

Also, Fogg has pitched three solid innings so far. He is not the joke that some of you make him out to be.

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    I think that it is funny that the two guys in the offense we all were worried about (Bako and Patterson) are producing more than most everyone else in the lineup (barring Keppinger of course). I will have to admit to eating crow for now on this one.
    Bako hasn't hit the ball hard once.

The obsession with the batting order continues. As if batting Votto 2nd will turn this team into the 27 Yankees. If Fogg and Lincoln continue to pitch like they did tonight this team will be competitive no matter who bats where.

Turn Off Ads?