Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Moves 3-16-08

Reds Moves 3-16-08

Reds reassigned infielder Adam Rosales and RHP Jon Adkins to minor league camp; optioned C Craig Tatum and RHP Daryl Thompson to Double-A Chattanooga.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Moves 3-16-08

According to the ORG Roenicke was assigned to minor league camp too. I wouldn't be suprised to see him up though at some point this year. In fact, I'd be kind of be suprised if Roenicke didn't at least get a cup of coffee in 2008.

I think Thompson will be up here either late this year, or very early next year. He has the wits to be a good pitcher.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    According to the ORG Roenicke was assigned to minor league camp too. I wouldn't be suprised to see him up though at some point this year. In fact, I'd be kind of be suprised if Roenicke didn't at least get a cup of coffee in 2008.
    This tells me that Dusty will value veteran presence over the best 25 players, but I was expecting that already. Expect Castro, Stanto, Majewski, and others to make the roster over more talented players

Castro is the worst possible thing that can happen to the team. And I wouldn't be surprised if we have 3 catchers once Ross gets back.

Also Bruce is in AAA, and Votto may start there too.

majewski is worse

I think Castro makes the team due to his salary and reds will not eat his 2008 and 2009 salary. I think he is also good club house leader according to Marty and other people in the reds organization.

I already don't like Dusty.

The present with this team is the future. I've seen enough of the retread veteran players. Get on with the future NOW.

Turn Off Ads?