Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The NCAA Brackets

Re: The NCAA Brackets

Well I've made my picks ... or should I say most of my picks. Here's the games I'm a bit stuck on right now (suggestions welcome!) ...

6 seed Oklahoma vs. 11 seed St. Josephs (I have Louisville winning the second round here anyway)
    7 seed Miami (FL) vs. 10 seed St. Marys (I have Texas winning the second round here anyway)
    8 seed BYU vs. 9 seed Texas A&M (I have UCLA winning the second round here anyway)

and last but not least ...

2 seed Duke vs. 3 seed Xavier (I'm leaning on taking UCLA to the Final Four over the winner of this game, but that's only set in really thick paper rather than stone).
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    UK in as an 11 seed playing Marquette in Anaheim.

I remember the last time Marquette played UK in the NCAA. I think that fellow Wade had a pretty good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Well I've made my picks ... or should I say most of my picks. Here's the games I'm a bit stuck on right now (suggestions welcome!) ...

6 seed Oklahoma vs. 11 seed St. Josephs (I have Louisville winning the second round here anyway)
    7 seed Miami (FL) vs. 10 seed St. Marys (I have Texas winning the second round here anyway)
    8 seed BYU vs. 9 seed Texas A&M (I have UCLA winning the second round here anyway)

2 seed Duke vs. 3 seed Xavier (I'm leaning on taking UCLA to the Final Four over the winner of this game, but that's only set in really thick paper rather than stone).

I like St. Joe's (I think OK is overrated as a 6), Miami (coin flip), BYU (A&M has been pretty bad of late) and Duke. But with Duke I'm probably going with my heart more than I should. I could easily see Xavier winning that one.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 03-16-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

When in doubt, bet on Coach K.

I'm pulling for X, but there is no way, no how that they beat Duke.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

tOSU does not make it.
    I can't complain. I'm bummed but can't complain. Knew this was coming ever since that fateful 42 seconds of eleventy billion fouls against the Spartans Friday afternoon. For every Villanova that I think the Bucks are better than there is another excluded team that are probably more or at least equally deserving. It's funny how this dampens my enthusiam for this event though, things usually improve for me once it all gets underway. I just need to make myself get my brackets filled out so I don't regret not having the fun of tracking and rooting fo rmy picks throughout.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Duke very well could lose to WVU in Round 2.

In fact, I openly welcome that result.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    It's funny how this dampens my enthusiam for this event though, things usually improve for me once it all gets underway.
    Hey, at least you made it this far. My alma mater started the season with a broken bubble.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

UK in as an 11 seed playing Marquette in Anaheim.
    Kentucky has the lowest RPI of any at large team. They made it by an eyelash...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kentucky has the lowest RPI of any at large team. They made it by reputation alone...
    Fixed it for ya...
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    When in doubt, bet on Coach K.

I'm pulling for X, but there is no way, no how that they beat Duke.
    That's pretty much my line of thinking too.

I went Duke over Xavier, St. Joe's over Oklahoma, BYU over Texas A&M, and St. Marys over Miami (FL). Of course that means I'll probably miss all four games, but what the heck.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Fixed it for ya...
    Good job.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

First reaction for me is that this has to be the least controversial bracket in a long time. There's no "huh?" team in and no one out who seriously got robbed. ESPN keeps trying to hype up Arizona St., but they never had a prayer. Butler got hosed, not only with getting a 7 but having to play S. Alabama in Birmingham, but if that's the biggest mistake it's not a bad bracket.

Before everyone turns in their brackets & makes their wagers, I recommend reading this piece by Stewart Mandel from a few weeks ago re: Duke down the stretch recently:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...uke/index.html

3/1/08 - Duke rallies from a big deficit to win @ 15-16 / 4-12 NC State 87-86

3/5/08 - Duke wins @ Virginia 86-70

3/8/08 - Duke loses @ Home to UNC 76-68

3/14/08 - Duke has a fight on their hands with about 10 minutes left before pulling away from Georgia Tech 82-70

3/15/08 - Duke loses to Clemson 78-74.

3-2 in their last 5. On one hand, one loss is to #1 UNC. On the other hand, 1 win is by the skin of their nose at a really bad NC State.

Duke isn't terribly deep. Nor are they very athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Duke isn't terribly deep. Nor are they very athletic.

Yep. They are overrated. If they were playing Carolina in the Dean Dome last week, they would have lost by 20.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I believe Wisconsin is ranked 5th but they got a 3 seed??

Turn Off Ads?