Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 225

Thread: The NCAA Brackets

  1. #46
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    I have UNC winning the whole thing and beating UCLA in the championship. I feel so dirty.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    330

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    First reaction for me is that this has to be the least controversial bracket in a long time. There's no "huh?" team in and no one out who seriously got robbed. ESPN keeps trying to hype up Arizona St., but they never had a prayer. Butler got hosed, not only with getting a 7 but having to play S. Alabama in Birmingham, but if that's the biggest mistake it's not a bad bracket.
    What, are you serious??
    What about Oregon being a 9, let alone in the tourney.
    How about Villanova
    Speaking of South Ala, they shouldn't even be in the tourney.
    Kentucky, no way they should be in
    should i keep going???
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

    2013 record:
    GABP: 1-1 Wrigley: 2-0

  4. #48
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,915

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    O.J. Mayo and USC taking on K-State and Michael Beasley in Omaha.
    My friend got O.J.'s autograph at states last year. He said he wouldn't have gotten it if the cheerleader O.J. was with didn't help him out.

    I'm hoping Mayo and USC can get pretty far into the tournament he's a heck of a bball player. Not to mention this is probably his last tournament before he goes to the pro's.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  5. #49
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by OSUredsFAN View Post
    What, are you serious??
    What about Oregon being a 9, let alone in the tourney.
    How about Villanova
    Speaking of South Ala, they shouldn't even be in the tourney.
    Kentucky, no way they should be in
    should i keep going???
    Always set your standards low and you will never be disappointed.

    Speaking of which, didn't you say Kentucky would be NIT dancing?

    Crow tastes a lot like chicken doesn't it?

    Good luck to the Buckeyes in the NIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  6. #50
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    My friend got O.J.'s autograph at states last year. He said he wouldn't have gotten it if the cheerleader O.J. was with didn't help him out.

    I'm hoping Mayo and USC can get pretty far into the tournament he's a heck of a bball player. Not to mention this is probably his last tournament before he goes to the pro's.
    I have Kansas State beating USC. Beasley will be too much on the inside.

    BTW, the real matchup IMO isn't Mayo-Beasley, it will be Mayo-Walker. Two best friends going against each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  7. #51
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I have UNC winning the whole thing and beating UCLA in the championship. I feel so dirty.
    Same here.

    Kevin Love v. Psycho-T.

    Sign me up.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  8. #52
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,252

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kentucky has the lowest RPI of any at large team. They made it by an eyelash...

    Oregon's is lower and they are nine seed. Go figure.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  9. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    330

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Always set your standards low and you will never be disappointed.

    Speaking of which, didn't you say Kentucky would be NIT dancing?

    Crow tastes a lot like chicken doesn't it?

    Good luck to the Buckeyes in the NIT.
    I knew the Bucks had no chance to be dancing. There is no way UK should be in, their body of work is terrible, if you ask me. But I don't count.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

    2013 record:
    GABP: 1-1 Wrigley: 2-0

  10. #54
    15 game winner Danny Serafini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sultanes de Monterrey
    Posts
    4,183

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by OSUredsFAN View Post
    What, are you serious??
    What about Oregon being a 9, let alone in the tourney.
    How about Villanova
    Speaking of South Ala, they shouldn't even be in the tourney.
    Kentucky, no way they should be in
    should i keep going???
    There's virtually no controversy in what you brought up. Oregon got overseeded, but getting a 9 instead of an 11 isn't going to cause any riots. Villanova got the very last spot. Every team at that point is flawed. Personally I would've taken Massachusetts, but there are plenty of teams you could make cases for and against, and you can make a legit argument for Villanova. There was pretty much mutual agreement that S. Alabama would make the field. And Kentucky is a no-brainer. They went 12-4 in the SEC, there's no way they weren't going to be in the bracket. What four teams would you replace these four with?

  11. #55
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,252

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    First reaction for me is that this has to be the least controversial bracket in a long time. There's no "huh?" team in and no one out who seriously got robbed. ESPN keeps trying to hype up Arizona St., but they never had a prayer. Butler got hosed, not only with getting a 7 but having to play S. Alabama in Birmingham, but if that's the biggest mistake it's not a bad bracket.

    I agree with you. I think they did the best job I can remember. Arizona State and Va Tech,IMO, don't have much of an argument. Dayton has more to gripe about than those two.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  12. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    330

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    There's virtually no controversy in what you brought up. Oregon got overseeded, but getting a 9 instead of an 11 isn't going to cause any riots. Villanova got the very last spot. Every team at that point is flawed. Personally I would've taken Massachusetts, but there are plenty of teams you could make cases for and against, and you can make a legit argument for Villanova. There was pretty much mutual agreement that S. Alabama would make the field. And Kentucky is a no-brainer. They went 12-4 in the SEC, there's no way they weren't going to be in the bracket. What four teams would you replace these four with?
    Oregon should not be in, they are terrible and have and RPI in the 50's
    Kentucky-yes they 12-4 vs a bad SEC but what did they do in the OOC.

    For one, they should let more of the "non-BCS" teams in (I hate that term)
    I would put Dayton in ahead of Ky. or Nova.
    Not everyone had S Ala in, but thats ok.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

    2013 record:
    GABP: 1-1 Wrigley: 2-0

  13. #57
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,312

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Before everyone turns in their brackets & makes their wagers, I recommend reading this piece by Stewart Mandel from a few weeks ago re: Duke down the stretch recently:

    .
    Is that dude your brother? Because you are really pimpin' that article.

  14. #58
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Here is the schedule for the first round:



    Thursday March 20

    12:20 PM ET No. 14 Georgia at No. 3 Xavier
    12:25 PM ET No. 16 Portland State at No. 1 Kansas
    12:30 PM ET No. 12 Temple at No. 5 Michigan State
    2:30 PM ET No. 11 Kentucky at No. 6 Marquette
    2:50 PM ET No. 11 Baylor at No. 6 Purdue
    2:55 PM ET No. 9 Kent State at No. 8 UNLV
    3:00 PM ET No. 13 Oral Roberts at No. 4 Pittsburgh
    5:00 PM ET No. 14 Cornell at No. 3 Stanford
    7:10 PM ET No. 11 Kansas State at No. 6 USC
    7:10 PM ET No. 15 Belmont at No. 2 Duke
    7:20 PM ET No. 13 Winthrop at No. 4 Washington State
    7:25 PM ET No. 9 Texas A&M at No. 8 Brigham Young
    9:40 PM ET No. 14 Cal State Fullerton at No. 3 Wisconsin
    9:40 PM ET No. 10 Arizona at No. 7 West Virginia
    9:50 PM ET No. 12 George Mason at No. 5 Notre Dame
    9:55 PM ET No. 16 Mississippi Valley State at No. 1 UCLA

    Friday March 21

    12:15 PM ET No. 15 American University at No. 2 Tennessee
    12:25 PM ET No. 10 Davidson at No. 7 Gonzaga
    12:30 PM ET No. 10 Saint Mary's at No. 7 Miami (FL)
    12:30 PM ET No. 12 Western Kentucky at No. 5 Drake
    2:45 PM ET No. 10 South Alabama at No. 7 Butler
    2:55 PM ET No. 15 UMBC at No. 2 Georgetown
    3:00 PM ET No. 15 Austin Peay at No. 2 Texas
    3:00 PM ET No. 13 San Diego at No. 4 Connecticut
    7:10 PM ET No. 11 Saint Joseph's at No. 6 Oklahoma
    7:20 PM ET No. 13 Siena at No. 4 Vanderbilt
    7:25 PM ET No. 9 Oregon at No. 8 Mississippi State
    9:40 PM ET No. 9 Arkansas at No. 8 Indiana
    9:40 PM ET No. 14 Boise State at No. 3 Louisville
    9:50 PM ET No. 12 Villanova at No. 5 Clemson
    9:55 PM ET No. 16 Texas-Arlington at No. 1 Memphis
    TBA No. 16 TBA at No. 1 North Carolina
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 03-17-2008 at 01:01 AM.

  15. #59
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    How is Dayton left out for teams like Kentucky and Oregon? Who exactly has Kentucky beaten outside of Lexington? I don't like Kentucky and never will, but they will never get left out of the tournament if there is a shot. It's just not gonna happen.

    Kentucky lost to Houston, UAB, Belmont, San Diego, and Georgia. And I don't care if Georgia won a defacto home tournament considering the SEC is weak as hell. That's not even mentioning that Georgia beat Kentucky in their first conference tournament game. UK won exactly three games against tournament teams and two against Georgia who is a joke tournament team.

    Kentucky won exactly zero games against any team on the road. Dayton won AT Louisville, beat Pitt, and beat three other tournament teams. They also had two of their three best players out for an extended period of time. Kentucky got rewarded because of their name and the fact they beat Tennessee at home. I think a team with zero good road wins just doesn't deserve a bid.

    Another team that has a complaint is Syracuse. They played in a much better conference and still beat more tournament teams than Kentucky. They beat Georgetown, @ 'Nova, against Marquette, and lesser tournament teams like Siena and Cornell.

    How can you look at Kentucky and then Syracuse and tell me that Kentucky had a better resume? Where does Kentucky have an advantage? Hell 'Cuse won at Virginia. That is about as good as any Kentucky road win and they also had wins against the teams above. Syracuse seems to always get screwed.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  16. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: The NCAA Brackets

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

    Kentucky lost to Houston, UAB, Belmont, San Diego, and Georgia. And I don't care if Georgia won a defacto home tournament considering the SEC is weak as hell. That's not even mentioning that Georgia beat Kentucky in their first conference tournament game. UK won exactly three games against tournament teams and two against Georgia who is a joke tournament team.
    You also forgot their losses to Gardner Webb and Vandy by 41.

    When they had the tournament selection chair on ESPN he basically said they ignored the results of the SEC tournament because of the circumstances. Agree or disagree at least it makes more sense. I figured since Georgia got the automatic bid they would bump UK out of the field.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25