Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My Draft Results From a Few Hours Ago

My Draft Results From a Few Hours Ago

This is my first year playing fantasy baseball. I feel like my team is a bit too pitching heavy. What do you guys think?

C Ivan Rodriguez
    1B Mark Teixeira
    2B Robinson Cano
    SS Troy Tulowitzki
    3B Edwin Encarnation
    LF Ryan Braun
    CF Josh Hamilton
    RF Ken Griffey Jr.

Bench:
    Mike Napoli
    Willy Taveras
    Jay Bruce

Pitching:
    SP Jake Peavy
    SP Josh Beckett
    SP Fausto Carmona
    SP Jeff Francis
    SP Ian Snell
    RP Manny Corpas
    RP Hideki Okajima
    RP Billy Wagner

Bench:
    SP Edinson Volquez
    RP Hideki Okajima

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My Draft Results From a Few Hours Ago

That's a solid team, how many people are in your league though?

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

you might need a backup RF

depending on the settings and # of teams, I'd drop Napoli and Bruce and search the WW
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

It's a standard 12 team league.

Thanks for the tips, Iowa. I'm going to hold out till the beginning of the season to drop Bruce, in case he is on the opening day roster. I'll probably drop Napoli, though.

Looking at the available outfielders, I'm tempted to go after Chris Duncan. He has the potential to hit 30 HR and drive in 90+ runs, and could be a nice backup if any one of my outfielder goes down.
    Last edited by JWP; 03-17-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    It's a standard 12 team league.

Thanks for the tips, Iowa. I'm going to hold out till the beginning of the season to drop Bruce, in case he is on the opening day roster. I'll probably drop Napoli, though.

Looking at the available outfielders, I'm tempted to go after Chris Duncan. He has the potential to hit 30 HR and drive in 90+ runs, and could be a nice backup if any one of my outfielder goes down.

I like Napoli a lot but you can't keep an extra catcher unless you have a lot of B spots. Bruce will be gone shortly but might be worth holding on to, again with limited roster space I wouldn't. I guess Taveras will get some steals but you will be hurting there
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

STACKED starting pitching
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

So I am trying to work out a deal for Hanley Ramirez, and I was thinking of offering this:

Jake Peavy + Troy Tulowitzki for Hanley Ramirez + Aaron Harang

Am I giving too much, too little?

no, that's a solid deal. You need speed.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    no, that's a solid deal. You need speed.
    He wouldn't do it, and made me a counteroffer of:

Liriano + Hanley for Peavy + Tulowitzki

I rejected that, and offered:

Tulowitzki + Peavy + Snell for Harang + Hanley

I really didn't want to make a trade involving Liriano, but I'm worried that I didn't pull the trigger on a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    He wouldn't do it, and made me a counteroffer of:

Liriano + Hanley for Peavy + Tulowitzki

I rejected that, and offered:

Tulowitzki + Peavy + Snell for Harang + Hanley

I really didn't want to make a trade involving Liriano, but I'm worried that I didn't pull the trigger on a good deal.
    Taking Liriano would be a high risk high reward type of trade. Up until this week I think it would have been a good deal for you, but now Liriano is saying that he can't throw his slider like he did before the surgery. I have him in 2 leagues and am beginning to worry a little.

who else is available on the WW?

Turn Off Ads?