Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Affeldt to the bullpen per Dusty

Jeremy Affeldt to the bullpen per Dusty

Dusty just said on FSN Ohio that Affeldt is moving back to the bullpen, eliminating him from the rotation competition.

Good move.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Jeremy Affeldt to the bullpen per Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Dusty just said on FSN Ohio that Affeldt is moving back to the bullpen, eliminating him from the rotation competition.

Good move.
    Foregone conclusion. Makes me feel better.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Nice!

1. Harang
    2. Arroyo
    3. Cueto (funny that people just insert Belisle automatically as the No. 3; why ignore the facts? he could be good, but he's not even close to as good as Cueto)
    4. Volquez
    5. Belisle
    Swing starter/long reliever: Fogg

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

A step in the right direction...based on springs, Fogg should be your 5 with Belisle where he belongs...in the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post

Good move.
    was there ever any doubt. Hoping that he would morph into a starter was a long shot at best. I am not sold on the fact that he is some bullpen stud. His track record screams "command issues".
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

A nice move- makes this a great signing.

Will be interesting to see who wins the Fogg/Belisle battle.
    Go BLUE!!!

No Stanton please?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    No Stanton please?
    I don't want to pee on anyone's cornflakes, but it's entirely possible Stanton could be a better pitcher this season than Affeldt, and I say that fully realizing Stanton could be in for another poor season.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    A step in the right direction...based on springs, Fogg should be your 5 with Belisle where he belongs...in the bullpen.
    yawn.

Belisle's upside is greater than Fogg's, any day of the week. Fogg Gives up HR's at a very high rate for a supposed GB pitcher, can't K my grandmother, hasn't K'd over 100 since 2002. If Matt Belisle starts 30 games this year, he'll K 150+. That doesn't make him an Ace, but it makes him 10 times better than the fools gold Fogg is showing us right now. I'm fairly certain he didn't suddenly learn to pitch over the offseason.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't want to pee on anyone's cornflakes, but it's entirely possible Stanton could be a better pitcher this season than Affeldt, and I say that fully realizing Stanton could be in for another poor season.
    So glad I don't eat cornflakes
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    yawn.

Belisle's upside is greater than Fogg's, any day of the week. Fogg Gives up HR's at a very high rate for a supposed GB pitcher, can't K my grandmother, hasn't K'd over 100 since 2002. If Matt Belisle starts 30 games this year, he'll K 150+. That doesn't make him an Ace, but it makes him 10 times better than the fools gold Fogg is showing us right now. I'm fairly certain he didn't suddenly learn to pitch over the offseason.
    I am not real high on Belisle as a starter but I think if he doesn't make the starting rotation heading north that he will be in the pen for a long time. If Homer goes to AAA I forsee him cracking the starting rotation before Belisle does.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    So glad I don't eat cornflakes
    Yeah, but you'll still have to watch Stanton and Affeldt pitch this season. Probably Majewski for awhile too.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    there is not much to give me warm fuzzies about any of the Reds three bullpen lefties. Affelfdt still has serious command issues, Stanton is ... well Stanton, and Bray can't stay healthy and has a limited track record. I have serious reservations about this bullpen.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    there is not much to give me warm fuzzies about any of the Reds three bullpen lefties. Affelfdt still has serious command issues, Stanton is ... well Stanton, and Bray can't stay healthy and has a limited track record. I have serious reservations about this bullpen.
    You may very well see Mercker as the 3rd lefty instead of Bray. Stanton, Affeldt, and Mercker. Solid.

Bray comes up when Stanton inevitably bombs?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?