Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fay - Freel being shopped?? My trade thoughts.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Fay - Freel being shopped?? My trade thoughts.

Piazza is done catching. Even when he was younger he was horrible at it. Piazza is a DH/part-time 1B/PH at this point in his career and nothing more. Signing Piazza to address catching needs is tantamount to running your AC on high during a North Pole winter.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    Johjima is a FA after this year. Also Seattle has a full rotation and don't need Belisle. They also have a full OF and don't need Freel. There are no needs for Seattle that fit the Reds.

Just sign Piazza. It's that simple. He can be a RH pinch hitter off the bench, and probably a decent one. He's no worse than Valentine or Bako behind the plate, and he's actually very good at handling pitchers. Seriously.... would anyone rather have Bako over Piazza?
    Yes, I would rather have anyone that knows how to put the equip on over Piazza, esp at this point in his career. I would rather bring Larue back over Piazza to be honest, and I dont want Larue anywhere near Cincy.

Barrett is not a horrible catcher. Zambrano going nuts should not be put on his shoulders. If I remember correctly Zamnutso went crazy and punched him. Barrett is not a long term answer but a possible stop gap measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Injuries from Zambrano's fist?
    Yeah, that's just what they need, a catcher so bad his pitcher beat the crap out of him and got him kicked off the team. If you want yet another reason for Cubs fans to laugh at the Reds, Barrett would be a great idea.

Cubs fans laughing at US?

Anytime a Scrubs fan even looks at me wrong, they're incredibly easy to smack down.

All it takes is four numbers: 1-9-0-8.

I vote for trying to get Hernandez from Baltimore. He is good both offensively and defensively...and would be a nice right-handed bat in the Reds line-up.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce4HOF View Post

Cubs fans laughing at US?

Anytime a Scrubs fan even looks at me wrong, they're incredibly easy to smack down.

All it takes is four numbers: 1-9-0-8.
    I would've agreed with you, until the Reds went and hired the dumbest manager available.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    I would've agreed with you, until the Reds went and hired the dumbest manager available.
    You'd rather have Narron or Miley? At least the players respect and will listen to Baker.

The LA Dodgers are in need of a quick fix at 3rd base. Andy LaRoche has been injured all of spring training & now Nomar has a broken bone in his right hand (hbp). Freel????? ...just another option

Turn Off Ads?