Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BEARCATS Dancin'!

BEARCATS Dancin'!

In the CBI. Lol.

CINCINNATI, OH The University of Cincinnati will continue the 2007-08 men's basketball season this week as a participant in the inaugural postseason College Basketball Invitational (CBI), which will be begin with first round games Tuesday and Wednesday, March 18-19 on campus sites around the nation.

US Presswire

Deonta Vaughn and the rest of his teammates are not done yet.
    The Bearcats (13-18, 8-10 BIG EAST) will travel for a first-round game on Wednesday, March 19. The opponent will be announced Monday morning. UC student-athletes are in final exams this week and the UC Administration is working with the tournament management to secure travel that fits around the exam schedules.

The CBI features 16 teams and secures an important opportunity for deserving programs to have a postseason experience. Participating teams are being invited based upon their performance during their conference and non-conference schedules. All the games, which begin Tuesday, will be played on the campuses of the higher-seeded teams. The tournament's champion will be determined by a best-of-three series scheduled for March 31, April 2, and April 4.

All of the games will be televised nationally by FOX College Sports.

"Obviously we are excited to be playing in the postseason" says second-year head coach Mick Cronin. "This is a tribute to the tough schedule that we played over the course of the season and to the strength of the BIG EAST. More than 40 percent of our games this season were played against NCAA Tournament teams. Our kids are excited for the opportunity to represent UC again on the floor and will make the most of this experience."

UC played 14 of its 31 games this season against teams that made the NCAA Tournament's field of 65. The Bearcats went 4-10 in those games, with the wins coming over Pittsburgh, Louisville, West Virginia, and Villanova. Nine of their 31 games were against teams that received a No. 4 seed or higher.

Cincinnati dropped its first-round game in the BIG EAST Tournament to eventual tournament champion Pittsburgh, 70-64, despite 30 points from first-team all-BIG EAST performer Deonta Vaughn.

The Gazelle Group, producers of the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic benefiting Coaches vs. Cancer, the O'Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic, and the Legends Classic, is the sponsoring body for the new tournament. For more information please log onto the web at http://www.gazellegroup.com/cbi/index_main.htm.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BEARCATS Dancin'!

WOW, what a joke
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUredsFAN View Post
    WOW, what a joke

Lol true. I'm a huge Bearcat fan and I agree. A 13-18 team should not play in the postseason. But hey, if I can watch my Cats for a few more games, I'm for it I guess.

Wow, a not invited to the not invited tournament.
    Go Gators!

It's nice for players like Williamson and Warren who get to play at least one more game. I just can't see where the need or fan support for this tournament is going to come from? Luckily they didn't play this game in Clifton. There would probably be twelve people there.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    All of the games will be televised nationally by FOX College Sports.
    It was either this, or "Fraternity Poker Challenge."
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I really didn't see this coming. That's just great!!! I thought my year of watching basketball was over. I guess I'm watching more basketball.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

It would be kind of cool to win the first inaugural CBI.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    It would be kind of cool to win the first inaugural CBI.
    Way better than winning the second inaugural one.

This is nice for Mick and the seniors. One more game in a "post season" atmosphere.

I'll be interested to see the pool of teams here though, after the NCAAs and the NIT, you're down to claiming we're #98!! if you win.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

I think it's good for the kids. There's a higher percentage of teams that get Bowl bids in football than basketball teams in post season tournaments considering that there are over 300 Div I basketball teams. If a little over 100 of those earn postseason bids, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    The tournament's champion will be determined by a best-of-three series scheduled for March 31, April 2, and April 4.
    This is interesting. Lots of home games for someone.

http://thesportseconomist.com/
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I don't think I can stand to watch this Bearcat team again, I was hoping it was over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think it's good for the kids. There's a higher percentage of teams that get Bowl bids in football than basketball teams in post season tournaments considering that there are over 300 Div I basketball teams. If a little over 100 of those earn postseason bids, fine.
    Thats fine if you have a winning record. No football team below .500 goes bowling, so how can a losing team be playing post-season hoops.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUredsFAN View Post
    Thats fine if you have a winning record. No football team below .500 goes bowling, so how can a losing team be playing post-season hoops.
    Wright State agrees with you.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

postseason play will be good for the young players, even if its some silly tournament like the CBI - I liked Mo's suggestion earlier...call it the CBA tournament - the Can't Beat Anyone tournament

Turn Off Ads?