Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irritating co-worker habits--Coughing

Irritating co-worker habits--Coughing

Do you have any coworkers with habits/issues that drive you nuts? Ok, I'm not going to say anything to her directly because at her age it would appear there is nothing she can do about it now but I work with a lady that has to be in her mid-60's. She has to be close to retirement. The lady coughs incessantly all day long. I am assuming she is/was a heavy smoker. She is not my boss but her office is next to my boss's. I mean literally every 20 seconds all day long one after the other after the other. It's a wonder she can even draw a good breath or have a productive day. However, I have noticed when we have our 1 hour floor meetings she doesn't cough one time?!?!?The way our pods are positioned I seem to be in the line of fire and the department closest to her office is customer service so they are on the phone 24/7 and probably dont hear her anyway...oh well......

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Irritating co-worker habits--Coughing

I have an employee who goes through paper towels like they're going out of style.

Oh, the wind blew a certain way? Well, let me pull out this endless roll of paper towels that my boss keeps springing for.....

Some of them keep showing up. Drives me nuts.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Saying I'm sorry and excuse me for every little thing. It drives me crazy!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

One who has no problem picking his nose, even when he's talking with you.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    One who has no problem picking his nose, even when he's talking with you.
    Is that a Honda plant or a day care? Please tell me you call him Digger.

Had a past coworker with whom I shared an office.

About once a week she would let loose with a sneeze. One of those ones where it's sorta like...aaaahhhhhhCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW WWWWW and it's done at the top of your lungs.

Not only was it anoying, it was embrassing when you were on the phone with a customer and they'd be startled by it. One guy even said, "what the hell is wrong with that idiot". I really wanted to ask him to repeat himself and throw it on speaker.

Past coworker? Was he a loud eater too, Ltlabner?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Past coworker? Was he a loud eater too, Ltlabner?
    Listen here Man-Purse!

And no, she wasn't a loud eater. Just insanely loud sneezes that would startle the hell out of me.

:

Throat clearing woman in her 30's...very loud, heard all the way across a large office. Some days better than others, but done a couple of times about every 15-20 minutes or so for about 5-8 hours a day. "Eh heh heeemmmm!!!" "Uh hemmmm!"

Surprisingly I have never worked with anyone like that before.

But then, there are the two chatty girls, you know, good friends, bent on creating their own small cubicle empire within the company no one can touch or break up, thinks everyone is conspiring against them, and alllll day long non-stop chatting about shopping, jewelry, pets, kids, and God knows what else, combined with high pitched laughing, repetitive use of the word "yeah" and so on. 8:30am? You get a loud, roaring "Good Morning <insert your name here>!!!!!!!!!!!!!" followed by laughter and teasing because you are tired - because they've been in since 7:30 slugging coffee like liquor, preparing for the day's 8 hour chat session.

Does work get done? Hardly. Does it distract the hell out of me and disrupt me and make me fairly miserable? Absolutely.

Do I want to get the hell out of the corporate office environment? Of course. I can act the part well, but I don't fit in and it shows at times. So much so I'm going back to school no matter what it takes and changing career paths near age 40. Thank God they pay me fairly well, the only thing that keeps me there at all.

I have co-workers who get in fist fights once or twice a week. It was mildy amusing at first but now it's midly annoying.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Do-...k-Ever-6012496

(Not that I condone doing this to your co-worker)
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I had a co-worker that would do nothing and just talk to me. So i'd chat with the guy... as I worked. Sometimes I'd get mistaken for slacking off, even though I can talk & work at the same pace as just working.

Had a coworker who made a living at talking. He tried it with me, until I uttered that fatal phrase: "Hey, pick up the other end of this box..." Before I could even finish, he suddenly had something very important to do.

The chronic smokers get me. Not the ones who take a couple of smoke breaks a day, the ones who take a couple of smoke breaks an hour.
    The same goes for those who have to use the bathroom a couple of times an hour.
    Or those who go into the break room every hour for a few minutes.

I have allergies that affect me all year long. My throat is always full of gunk, so I am an annoying throat clearing guy at work.

There are a couple people at my office who don't understand when a conversation is over. And what's worse, one of them often pauses for a long time after one topic, then starts another just when you are starting to turn and walk away. It's like a game.

Turn Off Ads?